Kentucky Lands 2019 5 Star DJ Jeffries

UKMustangFan

Surprised we didn't have a thread on this yet....

Kentucky picked up it's first commit of the 2019 class last night when 6'8" 5 star F DJ Jeffries announced his commitment.

There are rumblings of a possible reclassification to 2018 for Jeffries, but the bigger news is he's an AAU teammate, and good friend, of superstar 2019 big man James Wiseman and a member of the elite AAU team that is coached by Penny Hardaway.

Depends on the service....ESPN has him as a 5 star, 247 has him as #26 overall, so the very top 4 star.

Gotcha, everything I had been seeing yesterday and when I double checked this morning had him at 4*. I didn't see ESPN. Either way, still a good get especially if it leads to his buddy.

Surprised we didn't have a thread on this yet....

Kentucky picked up it's first commit of the 2019 class last night when 6'8" 5 star F DJ Jeffries announced his commitment.

There are rumblings of a possible reclassification to 2018 for Jeffries, but the bigger news is he's an AAU teammate, and good friend, of superstar 2019 big man James Wiseman and a member of the elite AAU team that is coached by Penny Hardaway.

Listened to interview with his dad, who said he will not reclassify.

Interesting side note, Dad told story of getting on an elevator and Tubby not knowing who he (the dad) was. Dad introduced himself to Tubby, who became very interested very quickly. Funny story.

DJ Jeffries is a cousin to Dedrick and KJ Lawson (former Memphis players who transferred to Kansas when Tubby demoted their dad from an asst. coach to a staff position to make room for Saul).