Sweet 16 Bracket Question

Why are the times for the upper and lower part of the bracket different? Particularly the bottom. The teams playing the first game and second usually come from the same "pod." The 12:00 and 1:30 games on Thursday should be playing at 6:30 on Friday and the 6:30 and 8:00 games on Thursday should be playing at 8:00 on Friday--especially with it being back-to-back days. Was there a scheduling conflict of some sort for a team?

I presume the idea is to make it easier for fans to attend from different parts of the Commonwealth...in other words, to help increase attendance.

Only first round games are affected...and then it's time-wise only. The brackets that were originally drawn (who plays whom) remain the same throughout the tournament.

I presume the idea is to make it easier for fans to attend from different parts of the Commonwealth...in other words, to help increase attendance.

Only first round games are affected...and then it's time-wise only. The brackets that were originally drawn (who plays whom) remain the same throughout the tournament.

There are two lines of thinking here:

1) Have long-distance teams play late so they have more time to get here.

2) Have close/local regions play extremely late or extremely early.

Thing is, I'm NOT sure how you prove how effective it has been. Weather, size of school and support are all just as much of a factor as is game time/travel time.

This is the reason.