Boyd County 53 Webster County 38 (Sweet 16® First Round)

Boyd lives and dies by the 3, and there isn’t a shot they don’t like. They’re a fun team to watch play. I’m curious what they were from the free throw line as I think they only missed maybe 2.

They were 15/19 from the charity stripe.

The video in the link below pretty well illustrates what it looks like every time they take the floor. I love their coach's comments at the end - "We're going to come out and... the ball will be flying tomorrow. I promise you that. We will be shooting some shots."

Twitter

My question would be how do they guard Manual? Manual is athletic enough to guard them man to man and they may not get those shots off like they did yesterday?

An equally athletic and taller team will cause them fits. They can get lazy defending, but they rotate very well. They switch nearly every pick because all 5 are basically guards around the same height.

They press a lot, but Webster was able to break it with ease. However, they didn’t really attack the basket. They were content setting up their offense.

I just don't see them being effective pressing Manual who has 2 guards that are individual press breakers. Manual has 2 big athletic posts that can score around the basket. One of the posts can shoot with pretty good range as well. Manual handled a very talented, athletic Scott County team with ease and I would guess they will do the same with Boyd. If they do not, I will come back on to eat crow!......ha!!!