Open Job: Shelby County

Im told that the Shelby County head coaching position is open and has been posted. This could be a very intriguing and successful job for the right coach. A lot of young talent in that program and a good crop of 8th grade talent coming in.

I felt all year long that Shelby was way too loyal to their upper-classmen and should've taken the lumps with the young kids.

Only 6 wins this season but 3 of them were over South Oldham, Central Hardin and Ryle. There is too much young talent on the roster at Shelby to only win 6 games.

This could be a great set up for the right coach!!!

Who do you think applies or who should Shelby Co go after and pursue?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if they attract the right coach, it just might keep kids from transferring out. Maybe then Spencer wouldn’t have such young talent. They can build program back up but let’s be real, until admin hires the right coach this time and district lines are redrawn, they will still be just behind Collins but can be ahead of the others. Woodford moving in doesn’t scare me.

I think if they attract the right coach, it just might keep kids from transferring out. Maybe then Spencer wouldn’t have such young talent. They can build program back up but let’s be real, until admin hires the right coach this time and district lines are redrawn, they will still be just behind Collins but can be ahead of the others. Woodford moving in doesn’t scare me.

Spencer has one player from Shelby County. The other young talent is home grown.

Definitely think the possibility is there that it would be open, but it was a good question to bring up as there are 52 coaching positions posted on the website including assistant jobs and middle school jobs in addition to the high school jobs. Shelby Co High has head dance, cheer, volleyball, soccer, boys basketball, girls basketball all posted. None are Collins jobs but they have their own AD, may be some sort of technicality thing.