Open Job: Covington Holy Cross

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don’t understand please explain!

First of all I like Ryan and his style of coaching. Coached against him for years and always thought he did a great job with the kids. His kids were going to attend covcath and when it was realized that playing time might be an issue he became coach at holy cross. This provided his kids an opportunity to play the game of high school basketball which I am fine with until you resign when they are done playing. This is becoming more and more of an issue in high school athletics.

Had the same feeling on the Mackey ,too-you can't coach your kid and then leave-I just don't agree with it

All of those types are in it for the wrong reason. With them it's not about the kids, it's about their own kids. Find a coach with a proven track record who has no attachment to any of the players before taking over.

First of all I like Ryan and his style of coaching. Coached against him for years and always thought he did a great job with the kids. His kids were going to attend covcath and when it was realized that playing time might be an issue he became coach at holy cross. This provided his kids an opportunity to play the game of high school basketball which I am fine with until you resign when they are done playing. This is becoming more and more of an issue in high school athletics.

Totally agree, I have said the same thing for awhile.

Not sure he would be interested but I was very impressed by Ben Franzen when I saw the CCH jv game vs Madison Central. He has seen how a program should be run to get kids competing at a high level. He might be waiting for a bigger program or even college but I think he would be a great choice.