NKY/9th Region Awards

1- Kunkle was co player of year with Frederick

2-Runion was defense of player of the year

3-McNeil was Mr. Hustle

4) Coach of the Year was Sullivan from Cooper

How is that possible? Mostly every award goes to Cooper and they lost to Cov Cath twice in the year. There should be a better way of doing this!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s funny how it says 9th region awards. The 37th district teams are in it which are 10th region teams and not one player from there ever wins one of the individual awards. That’s funny. It truly is the 9th region awards.

Not sure which awards these are. But if these are the NKAC awards, I do know of 10th Region kids who have taken home the hardware.

3-McNeil was Mr. Hustle

How is that possible? Mostly every award goes to Cooper and they lost to Cov Cath twice in the year. There should be a better way of doing this!

I'm not saying the following are correct, just suggesting a possible answer to your question, "How is that Possible?"

1- Frederick of CCH shared player of the year, Cooper did beat CCH once this year.

2- Runion, Best defensive player, but CCH may be a better defensive TEAM

3- McNeil, got the individual award for the most Hustle, doesn't mean his team had the most hustle.

4- Sullivan may have done more with less than other coaches.

Not sure what the issue is. AK and CJ were the two best players in the 9th.

Runion is the best defensive player in the region (that’s 3 years in a row that this player has come from Cooper) and from a team aspect you could split hairs on who the best was between CCH and Cooper.

As for the Hustle award I guess that could have went to multiple players.

COY-is another category that I personally would have given to both coaches. CCH’s Coach absolutely turned his team around and IMO is playing the best basketball of any team in the state and as another poster stated Cooper’s coach certainly got the absolute best out of his players with much less depth.

3-McNeil was Mr. Hustle

@MidwestUnited

I can't locate any info on these awards. Were these the only categories for which awards were given, and if not, what were they, and who won them?

Looks like you're referring to NKAC big school awards. Which I think were announce a couple weeks ago.... I didn't think region wide awards have been announced yet?

So this being the case, results of the post season were a non-factor in the selection process?