Track the Coaching Carousel

UKMustangFan

It's that time of year where lots of programs are making changes at the top.

The current list of schools who are either looking for a new head man or currently using an interim coach....

Louisville

Ole Miss

Colorado State

Charlotte

East Carolina

Missouri State

UTEP

Eastern Kentucky

Pepperdine

Marist

Bryant

Western Carolina

UC Riverside

McNeese State

USC Upstate

Longwood

Delaware State

Cal State Northridge

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About Tubby. After the USF upset last week, I spent some time perusing Memphis's main fan board. The fans want him out, but my impression was that the AD was going to give him more time.

They play USF again Thursday afternoon in the first round of the AAC Tournament. If the Tigers lose that one, things may change.

About Tubby. After the USF upset last week, I spent some time perusing Memphis's main fan board. The fans want him out, but my impression was that the AD was going to give him more time.

They play USF again Thursday afternoon in the first round of the AAC Tournament. If the Tigers lose that one, things may change.

I think you are right. The team had been showing promise, ironically after losing their leading scorer. That came crashing down in a big way last week as Memphis didn't even show up for the USF game and absorbed their worst home defeat EVER.

They did bounce back on Saturday, but I think it is too late. I like Tubby, and I hoped he would do well at Memphis. However, he has not endeared himself to the local basketball establishment, and that is a must to be successful in Memphis. Memphis basketball was always a hot ticket, and the seats are empty now. Regardless of his buyout, a move must be made. Penny is there and ready, and he is loved in Memphis. Also, he coaches one of, if not the top 2019 prospects at East High School. It would be foolish of the AD to not move at the conclusion of this season unless Memphis suddenly makes a push in the AAC tournament and makes the NCAA tournament which would make it uncomfortable at least. The probability of that is very low.