Ironton Fighting Tigers - (Southeastern Ohio) - Head Football Coach Opening

ohkywv

Employment - Ironton City Schools

Job Openings

The following positions, for the 2017-2018 school year, are currently open with the Ironton City Schools:

Supplemental Openings

The following supplemental positions, for the 2018-2019 school year, are currently open with the Ironton City Schools:

•Head Football

•Assistant Football

Applications are available on line by clicking Teaching Application, Classified Application, or Athletic Application. Applications are also available at the Ironton Board of Education, 105 South Fifth Street, Ironton, Ohio.

If you plan to apply for a position with the Ironton City Schools, please read this important information before you submit your application.

Employees of the Ironton City School District

Employees of the Ironton City School District that want to be considered for a any of the above job openings may submit an e-mail or a letter of interest to Dean Nance, Superintendent:

dean.nance@tigertown.com

Employment opportunities with the Ironton City Schools are offered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, or disability.

Important Information

Last Updated: 2/26/2018

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irontons Junior class is one of the best in the last few years, the Coaching Staff in place isn't getting it done as far as teaching the fundamentals. One of the biggest problems is that most of the Assistants are related to the Lutz era Staff, and that doesn't make you a Coach. The Fighting Tigers need someone to come in, wipe the slate clean, bring in their own Assistant Coaches and get back to the fundamentals of football.

• 2 weeks later...

So far 16 have applied, these 4 were interviewed Wednesday, still several interviews to go.

Fred Ray - Fairview - Kentucky

Scott Grizzle - Greenup County - Kentucky

Luke Sammons - Cabell Midland - West Virginia

Trevon Pendleton - Portsmouth West - Ohio (Michigan State Player 2012-16)

I figured Sammons would be content at Midland. I understand the tradition at Ironton, but Midland is one of West Virginias 's largest schools and appears to have very nice facilities, etc. It surprises me somewhat.

Teachers arent getting paid in WV at current so I would leave too.

Despite being the least experienced of the coaches listed, Grizzle would be my choice if I were Ironton. He's a young, energetic, enthusiastic coach who would absolutely change the culture over there. Things have become stale across the river over the past several years. Taking the Greenup job tells me that Grizzle doesn't mind a challenge. He might even relish it. And Ironton would certainly be an intriguing challenge right now, especially considering that Wheelersburg's program is currently at an all time high point.

Word on the street is these are just token interviews & Vass will be rehired. He reapplied for his job and will interview as well.

So what exactly happened then? Did he resign and was asked to re-apply due to their lack of interest in those who have came after it thus far?