BluegrassPreps.com 5th Region Semi Finals Preview/Regional Finals Prediction

The year started out with 18 teams and now we are down to only 4 teams left in the 5th Region. 3 of the 4 teams left was in the same spot as they were last year. The Semi Finals are set with Campbellsville, John Hardin, Larue County, and Adair County being the 4 teams left standing. I picked 3 of the 4 to make it here but Campbellsville like all year has proven me wrong again and again. We should have a great Semi Finals and Finals this week to see who will represent the 5th Region at Rupp Arena. I will be previewing the Semi Final games and predicting the winner of the 5th Region. The Semi Finals and Regional Final will be at Marion County.

Campbellsville vs John Hardin (Mar 5th)

These two teams did not meet earlier in the year. Campbellsville got here by beating Bardstown on a last second layup 57-55. John Hardin got here with a blowout win over Caverna 88-53. Both teams have had great years and Campbellsville making it this far has been a surprise. John Hardin making it this far isn’t a surprise at all so it should be make an interesting game. Campbellsville is balanced but led by all region point guard Malachi Corley. John Hardin is led by 5th Region player of the year Mickey Pearson who is also a Mr. Basketball candidate. The Eagles of Campbellsville have had a great year but it comes to an end versus John Hardin who has been the favorite to win the region all year.

John Hardin 78 Campbellsville 53.

Adair County vs Larue County (Mar 5th)

These two teams played earlier with Larue County winning at Larue by the score of 79-62. It was a crazy game as Larue led by as much as 34 but Adair came back and cut it to 4 in the 4th before falling by 17. Adair got here by beating Central Hardin 64-52. Larue County got here by blowing out Bethlehem 66-32. Both teams were expected to be here but Larue has exceeded expectations by having the best record in the 5th Region. Adair is led by Freshman standout Zion Harmon who leads the state in scoring. Larue is led by a big 3 of Adkins, Goode, and King who all three made all region. This should be a great game, and I am expecting a much closer game than the first game but the winner is the same.

Larue County 73 Adair County 70

John Hardin vs Larue County (Predicted Finals)

These two teams met early in the year at John Hardin and John won in a convincing fashion 76-56. Both teams are very different since than so I wouldn’t take a lot out of that game. These two teams have consistently been the best two teams in the 5th region. I see this game being a classic if it happens but the difference is John Hardin has Mickey Pearson and Larue doesn’t.

John Hardin 68 Larue County 67