High School athletic trainers

According to posts on my Facebook and Twitter feeds March is National Athletic Training month, who knew? It got me to wondering in this day and age of litigation and concussions how many high schools have or don't have full time trainers covering their games and practices. I did some googling and found this site LINK that shows schools in Kentucky with trainers.

Does you school have a trainer, full time?

I believe it lists our trainer at Tilghman part-time, but I believe she is a full-time trainer.

I know sometimes the kids may try to run and hide from her, but she will find you. Obviously, kids don't want to come out for hardly anything, so I'm thankful for someone who absolutely notices everything and takes the proper steps for the situation.

You definitely won't come back until whatever is wrong with you is taken care of, whether it's just hours or even weeks.

St. Elizabeth is awesome in providing high quality trainers and team doctors. Another awesome trainer is HHS’ trainer Tracy Coffman. I’d also recommend St. Elizabeth’s Doc Holliday and Gates to anyone.

All Fayette County Public Schools have a full-time trainer that's salary is divided between UK Sports Medicine and FCPS. Additionally, they all have graduate assistants that can treat and share time with the middle schools and the high schools. On football gamedays, each home team has a doctor on site.

Most, if not all high schools in Northern Kentucky have a trainer from St. Elizabeth.

It would be most. Campbell County has Novacare and a few others do too.

Also if we are talking about being NATM the correct terminology for what you are talking about is an Athletic Trainer not a trainer.