Open Job: Prestonsburg

This has been a long time coming, right? From afar, it feels like things have been dysfunctional down there for a while. The bottom hasn't completely fallen out of that program, but the next coach will have his work cut out for him if Prestonsburg is going to get back to the level that most are accustomed to.

"I would like to tell the coaches throughout the state I got fired at Prestonsburg HS today via a phone call during my 7th period health class from my Principal. Please contact our new AD Ricky Thacker for scheduling or our new Principal Lori Bricken concerning any matters related to our football program. "

And people continue to wonder or be amazed as to why men aren’t chasing “good” jobs when they come open.

These things don’t pay for crap. Then you have guys like Coach DeRossett who have given their heart and soul to this program, school, town and entire Floyd County community only to be done like this.

Edited by Calico Jack

I was told last night that the principal that fired Coach D doesn’t even send her children to the Floyd County school district. I mean how is this allowed to happen in a district? How could a system employ someone in an administrative position that doesn’t even send her children to that district? All this just stinks in my opinion.

I was told last night that the principal that fired Coach D doesn’t even send her children to the Floyd County school district. I mean how is this allowed to happen in a district? How could a system employ someone in an administrative position that doesn’t even send her children to that district? All this just stinks in my opinion.

It’s as common as the day is long from Pikeville to Paducah.

It’s as common as the day is long from Pikeville to Paducah.

It may be but it’s still sad. If they’re good enough to pay your salary the system should be good enough to teach your kids.

It may be but it’s still sad. If they’re good enough to pay your salary the system should be good enough to teach your kids.

I agree in almost every circumstance. Exception would be if you move jobs and a kid is already in High School, especially a junior or senior.