Is there anything like...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...10th region tournament basketball at The Fieldhouse? What an atmosphere tonight, and a pair of great games that came down to the wire.

It is not just the 10th region, it is like this in a lot of the regional games. This is Kentucky basketball at its best, nothing like it. The Knox Central vs Corbin game at the 5,000 arena will be rocking when these two rivials meet in the semi games.

I do look for the Fieldhouse to also be rocking on Monday. Should be two great games.

What time does the doors open on Monday Papa?

...10th region tournament basketball at The Fieldhouse? What an atmosphere tonight, and a pair of great games that came down to the wire.

Just wait until the semis on Monday night. I was just sitting here thinking of all these great semifinal games in all of the different regions. I wish we could move all of them to Rupp just so selfishly I could see all of these great games.

Am really going to miss the Mason County band, adds so much to the environment. I don't know what GRC and CC have, but if they don't have someone on lead, bass and drums they can't hold a stick to Maco. Great to see the stage full for that first game as well. And know I'm in the minority but wish they would go back to split sessions, the ole back is a aching from having to arrive at 5 to get a seat I like and then am there more or less for 4 and a half hours. Don't see how older guys like mcpapa and others do it

It is not just the 10th region, it is like this in a lot of the regional games. This is Kentucky basketball at its best, nothing like it. The Knox Central vs Corbin game at the 5,000 arena will be rocking when these two rivials meet in the semi games.

I do look for the Fieldhouse to also be rocking on Monday. Should be two great games.

I think Pendleton County fans started lining up at the ticket booths while Mason County was in 4th period

Am really going to miss the Mason County band, adds so much to the environment. I don't know what GRC and CC have, but if they don't have someone on lead, bass and drums they can't hold a stick to Maco. Great to see the stage full for that first game as well. And know I'm in the minority but wish they would go back to split sessions, the ole back is a aching from having to arrive at 5 to get a seat I like and then am there more or less for 4 and a half hours. Don't see how older guys like mcpapa and others do it

GRC has a really great band. I would think that CC does too. Besides the ball game we may also have the battle of the bands.....:D

I'd rather go to the 10th Region Tournament at The Fieldhouse than go anywhere else to watch a high school game.

We are lucky, the greatest show in Kentucky and best scorekeeper!!!!!! Clock Keeper just OK.

Goldie, I sent a you a PM.

I would agree with this part. (Not that I disagree with the other part lol) At various points in my time, I've regularly attended the 4th, 5th, 8th, 9th, 12th and 13th tourneys, and the environments are always great, always big crowds.

I spend my time in the 5th these days. There was a good crowd at yesterday's QF games at Marion Co. (Bardstown-Campbellsville and John Hardin-Caverna), and I wasn't able to go tonight, but I was told it was even busier with LaRue Co.-Bethlehem and Adair Co.-Central Hardin.

Monday's SF games should bring out massive crowds. A surprise Campbellsville team making its first appearance since 2010's region runner-up squad brought a big crowd Wednesday and will have even more out Monday, and a John Hardin team that's felt like the region favorite all year has people on the bandwagon earlier than usual and had a great student section Wednesday.

Adair Co. and LaRue Co. always travel well, and both fanbases think they have a great shot, which leads to a lot of bandwagon fans showing out as well. Plus folks just want to see Harmon play.

I plan to get to Lebanon early Monday.