How Bad Is Andrew Luck's Injury?

Andrew Luck injured his shoulder in Sept. of 2015 and played that way into the next season. He had surgery in January of 2017. He tried to come back in October 2017, was placed on IR on November 2. He says he will be back for the 2018 season. Will he be the same Andrew Luck or at least a near approximation? Or is he basically done?

I ask because I have heard his name as a possible trade for draft picks. That just seems like a bad idea. Of course, my interest is with the Browns. They should stay as far away from this scenario as possible, IMO. They need a veteran QB but not at the cost of losing several draft picks. Luck is too much of a risk, even though his name indicates otherwise.

What do you think his future holds as a player?

Andrew Luck injured his shoulder in Sept. of 2015 and played that way into the next season. He had surgery in January of 2017. He tried to come back in October 2017, was placed on IR on November 2. He says he will be back for the 2018 season. Will he be the same Andrew Luck or at least a near approximation? Or is he basically done?

I ask because I have heard his name as a possible trade for draft picks. That just seems like a bad idea. Of course, my interest is with the Browns. They should stay as far away from this scenario as possible, IMO. They need a veteran QB but not at the cost of losing several draft picks. Luck is too much of a risk, even though his name indicates otherwise.

What do you think his future holds as a player?

If Indy thought he was the answer they wouldn't let him go.

Run og, run!

Luck wasnt a very good QB before he was injured. The injured turned him into toast, he's done, serviceable backup at best. Indy needs to trade up and get a QB replacement or they will be bad for a significant number of years.

The year before he got hurt:

4761 yards

40 TD

16 Int

61.7 Cmp%

Yeah he sucked.

The year after he got hurt:

4240 yards

31 TD

13 Int

63.5 Cmp%

Are you watching the right Andrew Luck?

The year before he got hurt:

4761 yards

40 TD

16 Int

61.7 Cmp%

Yeah he sucked.

The year after he got hurt:

4240 yards

31 TD

13 Int

63.5 Cmp%

Are you watching the right Andrew Luck?

And he did that behind a bad O-Line with no real running game to speak of.

Luck wasnt a very good QB before he was injured.

Every once in a while you drop a take on this site that literally stops me in my tracks. Sometimes I think you just enjoy taking an alternative path, but I always assume you are honestly sharing an opinion or a thought, and I'm left (at times) befuddled. This post from yesterday falls into that category. Not a very good QB when healthy?

Every once in a while you drop a take on this site that literally stops me in my tracks. Sometimes I think you just enjoy taking an alternative path, but I always assume you are honestly sharing an opinion or a thought, and I'm left (at times) befuddled. This post from yesterday falls into that category. Not a very good QB when healthy?

Yep, no better than Andy.

There's no chance anyone actually believes the ridiculous hot takes he makes on here. Simply trying to get people worked up.