Seventh Region Semi-Finals Are Set

Action in the Seventh Region tournament moves to Valley High School Friday night for semi-final action. It should be a fun night. The match-ups:

Ballard v. Central

As expected, Coach Doug Bibby has done a great job with the Central Yellow Jackets this year, claiming the no. 1 seed in the 25th district, winning the 25th district tournament, and beating Seneca 72-70 in the opening round of the Seventh Region tournament. Their reward: a semi-final match-up with the Ballard Bruins.

Ballard beat the youthful Male Bulldogs 83-67 in the opening round, although the game was tied 52-52 before Ballard outscored Male 31-15 the rest of the way.

Ballard and Central played on February 16, with Ballard winning 70-60. Ballard Coach Chris Renner expressed some frustration after that game with the Bruins' effort. Central will play hard and to the final buzzer, but I expect the Bruins' effort to be fine this time and the difference in talent will result in Ballard prevailing again.

Trinity v. St. Xavier

Led by Jay Scrubb, who had 21 points in the first half, Trinity easily moved past Eastern 64-27 in the opening round. Trinity's averaging winning margin in its three post-season games this year is 31.

St. X moved past Manual 56-49 in the opening round, its 20th win of the season. The Tigers have won 9 of their last 10 games.

Trinity beat St. X 70-60 when they played on February 16. St. X is a really nice team that has had another great season, but Trinity's talent is overwhelming. I expect Trinity to win this one.

Action in the Seventh Region tournament moves to Valley High School Friday night for semi-final action. It should be a fun night. The match-ups:

Ballard v. Central

As expected, Coach Doug Bibby has done a great job with the Central Yellow Jackets this year, claiming the no. 1 seed in the 25th district, winning the 25th district tournament, and beating Seneca 72-70 in the opening round of the Seventh Region tournament. Their reward: a semi-final match-up with the Ballard Bruins.

Ballard beat the youthful Male Bulldogs 83-67 in the opening round, although the game was tied 52-52 before Ballard outscored Male 31-15 the rest of the way.

Ballard and Central played on February 16, with Ballard winning 70-60. Ballard Coach Chris Renner expressed some frustration after that game with the Bruins' effort. Central will play hard and to the final buzzer, but I expect the Bruins' effort to be fine this time and the difference in talent will result in Ballard prevailing again.

Trinity v. St. Xavier

Led by Jay Scrubb, who had 21 points in the first half, Trinity easily moved past Eastern 64-27 in the opening round. Trinity's averaging winning margin in its three post-season games this year is 31.

St. X moved past Manual 56-49 in the opening round, its 20th win of the season. The Tigers have won 9 of their last 10 games.

Trinity beat St. X 70-60 when they played on February 16. St. X is a really nice team that has had another great season, but Trinity's talent is overwhelming. I expect Trinity to win this one.

They last played on January 5th and T won 46-34. I'm not sure X has enough fire power to beat T this year. They have to keep the score low like they did in the first meeting to give themselves a chance. But likely see a Ballard/T regional final.

They last played on January 5th and T won 46-34. I'm not sure X has enough fire power to beat T this year. They have to keep the score low scoring like they did in the first meeting to give themselves a chance. But likely see a Ballard/T regional final.

Thanks. I was looking at a prior year's scoreboard when I came up with that other score. The funny thing is that I was at that game on January 5, so I knew better.

I'm thinking about coming up for these two games on Friday since it will be the only games in the state. Never been to Valley for a game, either. I'd like to see Central compete with Ballard but I think the Bruins and Shamrocks both win fairly comfortably on Friday night.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyway: Will these games be broadcast from Valley? What about the Sixth Region games?

I don't know of any of any broadcasting that is planned. Both Trinity and St. X broadcast games, but I don't know if either will be broadcasting tomorrow night. I looked but can't tell from their websites.

I'm thinking about coming up for these two games on Friday since it will be the only games in the state. Never been to Valley for a game, either. I'd like to see Central compete with Ballard but I think the Bruins and Shamrocks both win fairly comfortably on Friday night.

Where will games be played and time please