Pike County School Board unanimously in favor of Teachers with Guns

theguru

“You hope you’re making the right decision for kids, but I know right now something’s got to be done,” Adkins said. “We may be criticized, but at the end of the day I’ll take criticism to protect my students.”

Josh Akers, executive director of the Kentucky Center for School Safety, said Tuesday there are no schools in Kentucky that allow teachers to carry guns, and that “every educational group across the country” opposes the idea.

Nearly everyone who spoke at the meeting, though, supported arming staffers who would be trained by the Sheriff’s Office.

“This program … could be a model for the rest of the state and, possibly, the country,” said state Sen. Ray Jones, D-Pikeville, who attended the meeting.

Kentucky school district will allow teachers to carry concealed guns | Lexington Herald Leader

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That didn't take long.

I will give Pike County credit for acting swiftly and I will be interested in seeing how many additional Kentucky school districts follow suit.

If they do nothing to keep the weapons from coming into the school, it will lead to a bigger mess.