FBI wiretaps show Sean Miller discussed $100K payment to lock recruit

All State Baseball

FBI wiretaps intercepted telephone conversations between Arizona coach Sean Miller and Christian Dawkins, a key figure in the FBI's investigation into college basketball corruption, in which Miller discussed paying $100,000 to ensure star freshman Deandre Ayton signed with the Wildcats, sources familiar with the government's evidence told ESPN.

Sean Miller of Arizona, Christian Dawkins discussed payment to ensure DeAndre Ayton signing, according to FBI investigation

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m still amazed that a guy like Miller is the one making those calls. That’s what assistant coaches are for.

Andy Miller has long had a reputation as a dirt bag that would push every possible angle to the max to land clients. Every head coach at the high major level knew this, and either tried to keep him out of their business or worked with him to facilitate access to their program. Just keep in mind, he's one of many and this is the story of only one of his runners.

The expense reports are a baseline, but there is little to no proof in that. Wiretaps? Yeah. Now we're playing with fire...

How is Ayton still playing tonight?

Vegas Baby!!! I heard earlier today that as of the 100% of the money coming in today was on Oregon and the point spread would only grow more if he didn't play. If he plays and they actually win or at least cover, Vegas will clean up!

But seriously, I guess the thinking is that if he's later ruled ineligible then this entire season is toast anyways...might as well play him.