University Heights 83 Christian County 76

silo11

Hot take

Kyky Tandy is the best player in the state

Not hot at all. Truth. He took the district championship from us and T-ware. Probably the best district championship performance in the history of the 8th district. On our floor. He’s special. And those guys around him were solid tonight too. Their two freshmen guards are bulldogs.

Ta’Quan Hollowell and Drew McGowan did an amazing job on t-ware. Hats off to Grant Shouse. Those guys (they were young) couldn’t defend a lick a year ago. Now they take it personally. M

And just a junior, correct?

Yes and he is the FULL PACKAGE. Can handle the ball, has generally unlimited range, insane athleticism, and a high motor. Such a good attitude too where you never see him mouth off or get dumb technical fouls.

He's probably the best since Greg Buckner, and honestly even Greg wasn't doing this stuff as a Junior. Hopson had more upside because he was 6'8, but Kyky has way more skill. He's on another level than Anthony Hickey was and its not even close.

Yes and he is the FULL PACKAGE. Can handle the ball, has generally unlimited range, insane athleticism, and a high motor. Such a good attitude too where you never see him mouth off or get dumb technical fouls.

He's probably the best since Greg Buckner, and honestly even Greg wasn't doing this stuff as a Junior. Hopson had more upside because he was 6'8, but Kyky has way more skill. He's on another level than Anthony Hickey was and its not even close.

He's got more skill and athleticism. He's also very strong. And man is he tough. He takes a beating. We pushed, hacked, slapped etc... I saw him and Mcgowan after the game and they both had HUGE gashes on their neck and head from where we had hit them.

UK needs to be recruiting this kid.

This times 1,000

A lot of the time Kentucky has kids that are D1 level good, but just not elite enough to compete with the best of the best.

Dom Hawkins was good and all, but he was heading to Morehead State before he picked up offers late in his senior season. Tandy already has Oklahoma, Cincy, Florida, Tennessee, etc. all considering him a high priority already.

He is good enough and can play with any top program, and he's in your own backyard. Probably the best non-Louisville prospect since...Darius Miller? Chane Behannan? Scotty Hopson? Goodin? I think he's on the level of those guys for sure and I know all of those guys proved to be great college players.

This times 1,000

A lot of the time Kentucky has kids that are D1 level good, but just not elite enough to compete with the best of the best.

Dom Hawkins was good and all, but he was heading to Morehead State before he picked up offers late in his senior season. Tandy already has Oklahoma, Cincy, Florida, Tennessee, etc. all considering him a high priority already.

He is good enough and can play with any top program, and he's in your own backyard. Probably the best non-Louisville prospect since...Darius Miller? Chane Behannan? Scotty Hopson? Goodin? I think he's on the level of those guys for sure and I know all of those guys proved to be great college players.

How about Shelvin Mack from Lex., he should have been recruited by UK.