Best Technical Wrestlers (Pro) of All-Time in Your Opinion???

In this thread, I am interested in hearing who you think are the best pure wrestlers(technicians, so to speak). Let's face it, some of the biggest names in the history of pro wrestling couldn't wrestle a lick( i.e., Hulk Hogan). Who would make your list as guys who were good technical wrestlers? I know many of you are younger than me so you may not even recognize some of the ones on my list. Trust me, though, these guys could flat out do some real wrestling.

In no particular order, here are a dozen that would make my list:

1. Lou Thesz

2. Dean Malenko("Man of a 1000 Moves")

3. Chris Benoit

4. Johnny Weaver

5. Mr. Wrestling(George Burrell Woodin)

6. Bret Hart

7. Kurt Angle

8. Bob Backlund

9. William Regal

10. "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig

11. Ricky Steamboat

12. Eddie Guerrero

Mike Rotunda and Rick Steiner

Good picks. Both were good mat technicians. Some of you old guys like me may remember Mike Rotunda when he first started out; others may remember him as Irwin R. Schyster(IRS). Love that name. What some of you may not know is that his father-in-law was the late Blackjack Mulligan and his brother-in-law is former Horseman, Barry Windham.

Also, how many of you knew that Mike Rotundra's sons are Bray Wyatt and Bo Dallas?

IRS.jpg

This guy 's career was wrapping up when I was just a little boy. Let me tell you, he may be the best technical wrestler ever. Lou Thesz' career lasted 55 years, encompassed 6,000 matches, over 16 million miles logged, and over 200 bones broken.

I like this quote from Mike Mooneyham:

"Watching Lou perform in the ring was like watching poetry in motion. The 6-2, 225-pounder moved with catlike speed and quickness and could wrestle his way out of any situation. He was a legitimate tough guy, known in his day as a “hooker,” a wrestler who could inflict serious punishment on his opponent, snapping bones and dislocating joints at will. "

LouThesz456-1140x641.jpg

Chris Benoit

Harley Race

Randy Savage (when he was young)

Ric Flair...get past his goofiness in his latter years and just watch one of those hour long matches with Steamboat, Sting, Magnum TA or Dusty Rhodes. Nature Boy had the skills to pay the bills and is often overlooked in that respect but he was as good as anyone.

Chris Benoit

Harley Race

Randy Savage (when he was young)

Ric Flair...get past his goofiness in his latter years and just watch one of those hour long matches with Steamboat, Sting, Magnum TA or Dusty Rhodes. Nature Boy had the skills to pay the bills and is often overlooked in that respect but he was as good as anyone.

The Steamboat/ Flair matches are a must watch for anyone who enjoys old school pro wrestling.