Boyle County requests to play up in 4A

PurplePride92

It is official and public knowledge now. Boyle County has indeed requested to play up. The first draft of realignment for the 2019-2022 seasons has been released and will be finalized in May.

Boyle County will possibly be in a district with Anderson County, Bourbon County and Lexington Catholic.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each school is unique and in the case of Boyle County I agree with the move up.

Chuck Smith is one of the top coaches in KY, he has his program back at the top, and moving up from 3A to 4A isn't that big of a jump. Additionally it puts Boyle in a nice district.

Who Ya With!

When programs like Boyle County and Louisville Central take a look at 3A and are like, "Yeah. I'm out. Y'all have a good time."

That says all you need to know about how much tougher things got with the addition of CAL and DeSales.

Yeah Mercer's district in 4A was a lot easier than the proposed district they are in now for 3A with CAL and Desales

When programs like Boyle County and Louisville Central take a look at 3A and are like, "Yeah. I'm out. Y'all have a good time."

That says all you need to know about how much tougher things got with the addition of CAL and DeSales.

Keep believing what you want to believe on that one.

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Yeah, I'm sure Boyle County and Central are running from CAL and DeSales. :lol2:

Keep believing what you want to believe on that one.

I love all you Boyle folks on BGP, but you're kidding yourself if you think Boyle didn't look at the new makeup of 3A and 4A and at least weigh DeSales and CAL in their decision. Obviously geographically it makes sense to play in a 4A district with Anderson, Catholic, and Bourbon, but their 3A district would have made just as much geographic sense with Garrard, Mercer, and Western Hills. Boyle is a county school with a great program but they aren't immune to talent dips and with those two private powers in Louisville getting larger and not showing many signs of talent dipping, it made perfect sense to ease on up to 4A.