University Heights 72 Hopkinsville 65

Topper

Tandy had 8 3’s.

McGowan was the difference in the second half. The Mississippi Stste baseball commit had 12 second half points and had a personal 8-0 run that kept UHA in the lead.

That UHA Junior class could end up with 4 Division one athletes in Tandy, hollowell, and McGowan and Lilly Strader who is a murray state soccer commitment.

I’m a County guy but I have a massive amount of respect for what UHA does getting kids to the next level. Their kids don’t go juco.

Big win for Grant Shouse. Has had a lot of criticism, but this was the biggest win of his career. He's a hard worker and a good guy, and the odds fell in his favor tonight.

It's a sad end for this groupnfor Hoptown and he end of an era of those Qualis Matlock teams(Johnson and Cager brother played with him their freshman year).

They looked like a state title contender at the end of last year, but so many changes. Jalen Johnson leaves then comes back, Cager ineligible then returns mid January. Nicholas hurts his knee and gets healthy and then gets hurt again right before district. They get Govan back and he then doesn't end the year with the team. Burks comes out of nowhere to be a top scorer and then is out for the last 3 weeks. Toliver hurts his hand and hinders his season.

But they finally got healthy and hit their stride last week, and then they lose Nicholas he day before district after he set his career high with 30 last week. With so much roster turnover and no time to practice, it was just too much for Tim to overcome.

This team will go down as a what could have been. When I mean the end of an era, I just don't see a lot of talent coming up. Tim has made Hoptown a top 10 team in the state he last 6-7 years and it was one of the best runs in Region history, but I think this may be the end of that run. Maybe another group will com through, but he Majors/Edwards/Matlock/Johnson/Cager teams were fun to watch.

Heights now has a big win under their belt, now they have to take out the big dog in CCHS. County has pushed them around and has their number, but it takes one game to change fortunes. Heights has the region on lock for 2019, but winning region this year would be a big jump to being a state contender next season.

Big win for Grant Shouse. Has had a lot of criticism, but this was the biggest win of his career. He's a hard worker and a good guy, and the odds fell in his favor tonight.

It's a sad end for this groupnfor Hoptown and he end of an era of those Qualis Matlock teams(Johnson and Cager brother played with him their freshman year).

They looked like a state title contender at the end of last year, but so many changes. Jalen Johnson leaves then comes back, Cager ineligible then returns mid January. Nicholas hurts his knee and gets healthy and then gets hurt again right before district. They get Govan back and he then doesn't end the year with the team. Burks comes out of nowhere to be a top scorer and then is out for the last 3 weeks. Toliver hurts his hand and hinders his season.

But they finally got healthy and hit their stride last week, and then they lose Nicholas he day before district after he set his career high with 30 last week. With so much roster turnover and no time to practice, it was just too much for Tim to overcome.

This team will go down as a what could have been. When I mean the end of an era, I just don't see a lot of talent coming up. Tim has made Hoptown a top 10 team in the state he last 6-7 years and it was one of the best runs in Region history, but I think this may be the end of that run. Maybe another group will com through, but he Majors/Edwards/Matlock/Johnson/Cager teams were fun to watch.

Heights now has a big win under their belt, now they have to take out the big dog in CCHS. County has pushed them around and has their number, but it takes one game to change fortunes. Heights has the region on lock for 2019, but winning region this year would be a big jump to being a state contender next season.

Yep. County and Hoptown will both be down next year. UHA returns their top 4 players and has a monster freshman class already contributing big things.

I've always had a theory that it's hard to win more than one game at rupp if it's your first time up there so if UHA wants to make a big run next year I think they need to get there this year and see the big lights.

A big man would really help them too...

In terms of Thursday night... As a County fan, I thought perhaps heights couldn't shoot in our gym. When we beat them 3 weeks ago at our gym they couldn't hit the broad side of the barn but they still led in the second half. If they hit 13 3's against us thursday night i'll tip my cap to them. The scary thing is... They don't have to get "hot" to do that. They just have 4 guys who when they let it go they think it's going down every time.

And as much as I love T-ware... Kyky Tandy is the best i've seen in the second region is a REALLY long time. All due respect to John Hood and Scotty Hopson. But I'll go ahead and say Tandy is better than both of them. Already.

Yep. County and Hoptown will both be down next year. UHA returns their top 4 players and has a monster freshman class already contributing big things.

I've always had a theory that it's hard to win more than one game at rupp if it's your first time up there so if UHA wants to make a big run next year I think they need to get there this year and see the big lights.

A big man would really help them too...

In terms of Thursday night... As a County fan, I thought perhaps heights couldn't shoot in our gym. When we beat them 3 weeks ago at our gym they couldn't hit the broad side of the barn but they still led in the second half. If they hit 13 3's against us thursday night i'll tip my cap to them. The scary thing is... They don't have to get "hot" to do that. They just have 4 guys who when they let it go they think it's going down every time.

And as much as I love T-ware... Kyky Tandy is the best i've seen in the second region is a REALLY long time. All due respect to John Hood and Scotty Hopson. But I'll go ahead and say Tandy is better than both of them. Already.

I agree with you. What impresses me about Tandy is, the kid can play lockdown defense. We see kids that can score but he plays on both ends of the floor.

Chemistry on the court is one of the most underrated qualities of a team at this time of the year. Because every possession counts, it's difficult to have all that turnover and uncertainty and still make a deep run. You can beat the inferior teams, but any team that is on your level will be difficult to beat.