Reds Spring Training 2018

Coach112

The Reds are all at Spring Training and there are a couple of story lines to keep an eye on:

Senzel is working out at SS. I wonder if this is more of a fast track to the majors with Cozart gone and Suarez playing third.

Votto saying he wants things to change quickly, you can't blame him. I believe his game ages really well and he should have 4-5 more good seasons in him.

The starting rotation. Will they be healthy? Will guys like Garrett and Mahle remain viable options? Will Stephenson build on the end of his year? Will Homer get it back? All questions that will be storylines all year.

Lastly, how much of an impact will Barry Larkin have on the team? He is currently helping Senzel out at short and seems to be more involved than ever. Is he the manager in waiting, I believe so. But, I believe there is no need to have him manage a team that at there absolute best will win 80 games, again there absolute best.

I know they won't compete for championship of any kind but this year should be a good indication of the years to come.

Go Legs

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see Senzel get an opportunity to be teams shortstop (assuming he can handle the position change). I think Perezza is more valuable as a platoon player because he can play all of the infield positions, all of the outfield positions, can pinch hit and can pinch run.

I would like to see Senzel get an opportunity to be teams shortstop (assuming he can handle the position change). I think Perezza is more valuable as a platoon player because he can play all of the infield positions, all of the outfield positions, can pinch hit and can pinch run.

So, Peraza is Juan Castro 2.0?

Has Senzel played shortstop anywhere since high school? If it is Senzel and Suarez starting on the left side of the infield I would rather have Suarez play shortstop since he has played it before. I would rather Senzel be comfortable in the field and be focused on hitting at the big league level instead of trying to learn a new position also.

Has Senzel played shortstop anywhere since high school? If it is Senzel and Suarez starting on the left side of the infield I would rather have Suarez play shortstop since he has played it before. I would rather Senzel be comfortable in the field and be focused on hitting at the big league level instead of trying to learn a new position also.

He should start the season in the minors anyway. That will give them time to take a look at him at shortstop everyday.

He should start the season in the minors anyway. That will give them time to take a look at him at shortstop everyday.

That will help but I still don't like messing with the top prospect in the organization when there are other options available. If it isn't working with Peraza at SS and they bring Senzel up in two or three months, you still have a rookie in the big leagues learning a new position.

Billy Hamilton facsimile

I can see the similiarity but Revere is a much better hitter than Billy over their careers, (.284 to .248), and better obp, (.319 to .298). Were it not for the great defense Billy plays I'd rather have him playing ahead of Billy if he could give you those numbers consistently. He's strictly a left handed hitter too.