Louisville schools against Spring Football - They want to take it away from everyone

UK#1fanisback

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is pretty disappointing by the ADs.

We have the Louisville Good Ol' Boys AD Club trying to take away Spring Football from the whole state.

If you guys don't want to hold spring football practice at your school, don't do it, but don't dare try to take it away from everyone.

Compared to neighboring states Kentucky gets more on field time then anyone. If 10 practice days in march or April make or break your season you have problems.

Pretty much my thinking. How much of this actually carries over to the fall? I’d say little to none.

It is very disappointing, and more so for me due to the secrecy of the whole thing. Our ADs have been meeting and planning this for months without telling any of the Head coaches, of any sports. At Waggener we have 3 football players that play baseball, they do not attend spring practice. Our head track coach is an assistant for football, we schedule both sports to work hand in hand, we have 23 football players that participate in track. We have ZERO conflicts, even in the minds of baseball and track coaches.

We, the Head coaches in Louisville, found out on Thursday at a coaches meeting. 4 of the 19 knew it was being discussed. My AD yesterday when asked about it, didn't mention that he was the one co-signing the proposal, even acting in aggreance.

The 7 on 7 will be just within house due to not having catastrophic insurance.

I was of the belief that spring football was where the coaches evaluated the kids moving up from the JV and freshmen squads. The summer is where you install your offense, defense and position the players that you all ready decided to move up. IMO spring football is about determining your roster spots and depth chart. Each coach should be able to determine if they are having spring ball or not. It might not help all teams but I am sure that some benefit from it.