Former Ludlow Coach Joe Beard

PP1

Coach Beard has been battling cancer for a few years. As things were starting to look pretty nasty, he finally got some encouraging news last week. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers as he tries to regain his strength. I met him personally when I was working at Ludlow and haven't kept in touch too much with him in the last nine years, but this good news came my way and, with the permission of his family, decided there are people that would like to hear this blessing.

He is a good guy and a class act.

Coach Beard has been battling cancer for a few years. As things were starting to look pretty nasty, he finally got some encouraging news last week. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers as he tries to regain his strength. I met him personally when I was working at Ludlow and haven't kept in touch too much with him in the last nine years, but this good news came my way and, with the permission of his family, decided there are people that would like to hear this blessing.

He is a good guy and a class act.

Played basketball and baseball for Coach Beard as a Sr in 1989/90 at Gallatin. Glad to hear the blessing.

I don't know Joe Beard personally, but have admired his success with coaching at Ludlow, and the excitement he brought there during his tenure. I recall hearing that he became Ludlow's principal a while back, but admittedly lost track of him, and didn't realize that he had been ill. So sorry to hear this, but glad that things are getting better for him. He always stood out to me as a great guy, and how lucky the kids of Ludlow were to have him as their coach, and their principal. He always carried himself as being a pal, so I can just imagine that the experience there for the kids has been one of a feeling of home with a leader that sincerely cared about them.

I pray that he can hang in there and regain his strength. He still has a whole lot of living to do, and while the journey no doubt is rough, the fight to get back is so worth it.

Go Joe! ... There's a whole lot of people pulling for you, and anyone who has ever seen you out in the community knows what a good guy you are. :thumb:

• 1 month later...