2018 National Champion...save this thread

What if I told you that the 2018 National Champion was going to come out of this group:

* Purdue

* Michigan State

* Gonzaga

* West Virginia

* Kansas

* Ohio State

* Auburn

* North Carolina

I'm just going to leave this here, but the last 20 years tell us that one of these 8 schools will end up cutting down the nets in April. Just something to keep an eye on as the season unfolds and the post-season kicks in.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one team currently in the top ten in both offensive and defensive efficiency per the Ken Pom ratings. History says that’s a pretty good guide.

So say hello to your statistical national champions: the Michigan State Spartans.

Are the ones listed in the first post those that have both in at least the top 30?

I just looked it up, last nights games moved some things around a bit, but the top two teams in the ratings were a fun mirror yesterday afternoon:

Virginia: Defense 1 Offense 43

Villanova: Offense 1 Defense 43

Worth noting: this Virginia defense is a full two points better in the KenPom defensive efficiency ratings than Louisville’s historically great defense in 2013.

You do understand that I'm not making a prediction in that first post, I'm telling you that 19 of the last 20 champs fit a certain criteria, and the teams in post #1 are the only ones that fit the criteria.

I understand what you were saying. Not laughing at you. I'm just laughing at Auburn. They are not good.