15th: Wyatt Battaile, Pikeville

16th: Dalton Barnett, Menifee County

per the KABC twitter account.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone, I just spoke to a NKY Head Basketball Coach and he told me and I quote:

"KABC POY award. Idk who votes for that. I didn't get anything."

To which I responded:

Right - Sham organization.

To which he responded:

"It is."

You have to be a member and they email you your ballot.

Congrats to those young men! :thumb:

Also congrats to Will Philpot of GRC for winning the 10th Region Player of the Year. Very nice player.

I am thrilled for Will and his family. He is such a great young man, in the classroom, and on and off the court. Very deserving of 10th Region Player of the Year.

Congrats Will!!!!!!.

Which means it is a "Members only Club" and only their opinion on things and nothing more.

Every coach in the state of KY, head and assistant can be a member. It is $20 per coach or you can get both boys' and girls' staff on there for $100. The KABC sends emails throughout the year reminding coaches to join so their players will be eligible for the POY award. Coaches can not vote for their own player. It is no secret on how players can get the award.

Plus the school can pay for this membership because the coaches have to be members for players to receive an award.

Which means it is a "Members only Club" and only their opinion on things and nothing more.

I agree totally with what you said. But knowing that if I was a coach I would make sure I was a member so that I could represent any players on my team that might be deserving of the award. jmo

Every coach in the state of KY, head and assistant can be a member. It is $20 per coach or you can get both boys' and girls' staff on there for $100. The KABC sends emails throughout the year reminding coaches to join so their players will be eligible for the POY award. Coaches can not vote for their own player. It is no secret on how players can get the award.

Plus the school can pay for this membership because the coaches have to be members for players to receive an award.

There are a lot of things about having to PAY to be a part of an award process that strike me as shady.