Hopkinsville 54 McCracken County 51

silo11

The core group of Johnson/Cager/Nicholas have all played in Region title games the last two years. Hoptown has 4 starters from a team that went to Rupp last year. Cager and Johnson have played at Rupp twice.

Tonight was their 10th game with everyone back. They're 7-3 in that time, but all 3 losses in the district. They've also beaten Graves, Owensboro, and McCracken over that period.

At full strength they are the favorites just on talent and experience, but will they get to full strength? Will the chemistry be there when it's all said and done? They better get ready because Kyky Tandy is a man on a mission and they better be ready for him.

Nice win for HOptown. All of the district 8 teams seem to be clicking. These games right before district are interesting. McCracken, a great shooting team was ice cold. one guy who shoots 40% went 1-11 from 3 point range.

McCracken seemed to get a ton of open looks, they just didn't go in. LIke most games, it boils down to who makes shots. Hoptown made a ton of 3's again last night just like against Owensboro. Sometimes playing teams that aren't familiar with you gives you an advantage and I think that's part of what happened the last two games for Hoptown.

They are the deepest team in the 2nd region in terms of "able bodies'. But they have flaws. They are probably too dependent on the 3 pointer. And we know how those teams usually do in the tournament. First game that they are cold... They're out.

The 8th District Tournament and the 2nd Region tournament will be terrific.

I would not say 6 or 7 three pointers are a ton. However, Hoptown shot terrible from the free throw line (something like 40%). McCracken is a good team, but they really rely on shots from the outside. If they are not falling, they struggle.

I would not say 6 or 7 three pointers are a ton. However, Hoptown shot terrible from the free throw line (something like 40%). McCracken is a good team, but they really rely on shots from the outside. If they are not falling, they struggle.

Hoptown was 7 of 13. I guess I chose my words poorly. They shot over 50% from 3 point range. McCracken shot 33% from 3 pt and 27% from the field yet only lost by 3. I think we can see what happened. McCracken couldn't hit the broad side of the barn. When they beat Christian County, they couldn't miss. Just one of those nights.