Northern Kentucky Player of the Year

After looking at stats CJ Frederick, he should run away with Player of the Year in Northern Kentucky.

Stats for the Year:

CJ Frederick ( Covington Catholic):

22.5 ppg. 57.4% FG 48.8% 3FG 83.7 % FT

Non 9th Region Schedule:

Lexington Catholic, Cincinnati Moeller, Cincinnati La Salle,Ensworth, Ballard, Fern Creek, Florida Prep, Leesburg, Pickerington Central , Oak Hill, IN, Middletown, Roger Bacon, Boyle County and Madison Central

Many of those of those Non Kentucky schools are listed as the top schools in the class. One of the toughest schedules in the state.

Stats against Northern Kentucky Schools:

25.0 ppg. 63% FG 55% 3pg 86 % FT

You also have to consider that he isn't play the full game against a lot of these NKY teams.

Those stats are unreal. Many consider him one of the best to ever play at Covington Catholic. Those stats prove that he might be one of the best in Northern Kentucky in a long time. To me its a no brainer .

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Opponents:

PPG: CJ Frederick wins by 4.9 pg.

Field Goal %: CJ Federick wins by 12%

3point Field Goal %: CJ Federick wins by 10%

Free Throws %: CJ Frederick wins by 3 %

Its stats against Northern Kentucky Schools is the best in 25 years.

Edited by MidwestUnited

After looking at stats CJ Frederick, he should run away with Player of the Year in Northern Kentucky.

Stats for the Year:

CJ Frederick ( Covington Catholic):

22.5 ppg. 57.4% FG 48.8% 3FG 83.7 % FT

Non 9th Region Schedule:

Lexington Catholic, Cincinnati Moeller, Cincinnati La Salle,Ensworth, Ballard, Fern Creek, Florida Prep, Leesburg, Pickerington Central , Oak Hill, IN, Middletown, Roger Bacon, Boyle County and Madison Central

Many of those of those Non Kentucky schools are listed as the top schools in the class. One of the toughest schedules in the state.

Stats against Northern Kentucky Schools:

25.0 ppg. 63% FG 55% 3pg 86 % FT

You also have to consider that he isn't play the full game against a lot of these NKY teams.

Those stats are unreal. Many consider him one of the best to ever play at Covington Catholic. Those stats prove that he might be one of the best in Northern Kentucky in a long time. To me its a no brainer .

Your statement that Frederick should run away with player of the year in Northern Kentucky is just plain silly and makes you look like a CCH homer which you probably are. Kunkel was MVP of Lex. Catholic's tournament which was loaded with top teams. He out played Frederick in the KOB which is the top tournament in KY. Also, your stats dont take into account who is the better defender which most objective observers would give to Kunkel IMO. Kunkel had an injury that slowed him down for a few games which some voters might hold against him and I have no problem with that. Frederick has had a great year and is a deserving player of the year if he wins it but to say he should run away with the award, c,mon man!

All your points don't make sense at all. I'm a NKY High School fan not a homer

Please explain to me this:

Like opponents Stats:

CJ Frederick- 25.0 ppg. 63% FG 55% 3's 86% FT

Adam Kunkel- 19.1 ppg. 51% FG 45% 3's 83% FT

Advantage: CJ Frederick

To say that Kunkel is a better defender, you base that on what? People would argue that CJ is better defender and I would take CJ as a better defender.

To say that Kunkel outplayed CJ is just silly in the KOB

KOB opponents: Pulaski County, Fairdale, Trinity, Cov. Cath( They played 4 game in 5 days).

Covington Catholic KOB: Ensworth, Ballard, Fern Creek and Cooper( Played 4 games in 4 days).

Covington Catholic had way harder road at KOB.

KOB: CJ Frederick: 27 points vs. Adam Kunkle 22 points

The Lexington Tournament wasn't close to competition that Covington Catholic faced in Florida.

Cooper vs. Covington Catholic at BOK

Adam Kunkel: 9 points 25%

CJ Frederick: 13 points 55.6% ( played with the Flu).

I disagree there is no way CJ isn't player of the year.

1) Better Stats against Tougher Schedule

2) Better Numbers against each other

3) Better Numbers against NKY schools

Kunkel had a great year just Fredericks was much better

All your points don't make sense at all. I'm a NKY High School fan not a homer

Please explain to me this:

Like opponents Stats:

To say that Kunkel is a better defender, you base that on what? People would argue that CJ is better defender and I would take CJ as a better defender.

To say that Kunkel outplayed CJ is just silly in the KOB

KOB opponents: Pulaski County, Fairdale, Trinity, Cov. Cath( They played 4 game in 5 days).

Covington Catholic KOB: Ensworth, Ballard, Fern Creek and Cooper( Played 4 games in 4 days).

Covington Catholic had way harder road at KOB.

KOB: CJ Frederick: 27 points vs. Adam Kunkle 22 points

The Lexington Tournament wasn't close to competition that Covington Catholic faced in Florida.

Cooper vs. Covington Catholic at BOK

Adam Kunkel: 9 points 25%

CJ Frederick: 13 points 55.6% ( played with the Flu).

I disagree there is no way CJ isn't player of the year.

1) Better Stats against Tougher Schedule

2) Better Numbers against each other

3) Better Numbers against NKY schools

Kunkel had a great year just Fredericks was much better

Your reply shows you are a CCH homer, I was at the Lex. Catholic tournament and watched CCH play in the Florida tournament. For you to state the Lex Catholic tournament wasn't close in competition is just not the case. Both tournaments had very good teams and Kunkel was MVP of his tournament!! Anyone that was objective and watched the KOB game between CCH and Cooper knows who played the better game I dont care who scored the most points. Both teams played very good teams in the KOB but I guess every team or tournament that CCH plays is always going to be harder or the tougher road than cooper. Hard to tell if Frederick is a good defender because every game I watch he never guards the best player which is fine because CCH probably doesnt want to get him in foul trouble. Also, Frederick rarely sees the double teams that Kunkel does due to the team he has around him. I have no problem with your vote going to Frederick he is very deserving but stating he should run away with the award I just dont agree.

Your clearly a Kunkel homer. Because competition isn’t even close! If you watched the Florida games then clearly you saw they were way better than Skills Acacemy. Frederick rarely sees the double teams because he’s the best passer in the state.

There is a reason why he is playing in the Big Ten!

Your clearly a Kunkel homer. Because competition isn’t even close! If you watched the Florida games then clearly you saw they were way better than Skills Acacemy. Frederick rarely sees the double teams because he’s the best passer in the state.

There is a reason why he is playing in the Big Ten!

To say the competition wasnt close is just incorrect, the Florida team that beat CCH wouldnt have won Lex. Catholic tournament. By the way in the latest RPI Belmont is ranked 77, NKU 111, Iowa 136 so not sure who is going to the best school.

You still haven’t answer me this FACT!

Like opponents Stats:

Most of the like opponents are against NKY teams that both Cooper and CCH destroyed so what does it matter how much each player averaged. They both could have 30+ against the majority of NKY teams if they wanted to. Also, Kunkel stats are skewed due to his injury which I dont mind if that costs him player of the year because injuries are part of the game. Do you really think Highlands can hold him to 4 points if he was playing at full strength. Like I stated before I have no problem with anyone who votes for Frederick as he is very deserving but Kunkle is very deserving if wins!

He played full strength against Highlands. He played bad and coach took him out. There is no way Frederick shouldn’t win! Best player against best competition, on the best team!

Hopefully he wins or I'm sure you will let us know the voting was rigged!!