Dixie Heights 2018

Ram

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hearing for a second straight year there have been numerous coaching staff departures? Any truth to that?

I believe this is true. There is a posting on the KHSAA website where they are looking for coaches.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I don't know anything about who will and won't be returning to play this year, but from last year's roster, they should have Jeremy Adams returning as a junior QB, CJ Bensman & AH Dilts returning as senior RBs, and Channing Williams returning as a RB/WR.

CJ Bensman will be one of the key returning defensive players at DB along with Yang Shi at LB. A lot of big question marks on the defensive side of things.

Both offensive and defensive lines are both big questions as well. I believe they lost most of their DL to graduation, and I have no idea about OL.

That is interesting to say the least. Coach at highlands did not want to include him and then he goes to a district rival

I don’t know the whole story there. I know he moves around a lot but again no clue what happened with him at hhs. Feel free to PM me if that’s easier. Like everything there is always twos sids to the coin.

I don’t know the whole story there. I know he moves around a lot but again no clue what happened with him at hhs. Feel free to PM me if that’s easier. Like everything there is always twos sids to the coin.

Kevin Siple was head coach at Indian Hill for 16 years, went 116-57 with the Braves. Not sure what he did in '09, '10, and '11, but he took over as head coach at Grant County in 2012, and left there last year to join the coaching staff at Highlands for the 2017 season. I believe Dixie's Coach Brossart coached tight ends and linebackers on Siple's Indian Hill coaching staff before he was head coach at Finneytown, so there's a definite connection there for the two.

Jamey Dalzell, who took over as head coach at Grant County when Siple departed, joined the Dixie Heights coaching staff in the beginning of June.

That's 3 coaches with head coaching experience all on staff at Dixie. Not bad at all.

Kevin Siple was head coach at Indian Hill for 16 years, went 116-57 with the Braves. Not sure what he did in '09, '10, and '11, but he took over as head coach at Grant County in 2012, and left there last year to join the coaching staff at Highlands for the 2017 season. I believe Dixie's Coach Brossart coached tight ends and linebackers on Siple's Indian Hill coaching staff before he was head coach at Finneytown, so there's a definite connection there for the two.

Jamey Dalzell, who took over as head coach at Grant County when Siple departed, joined the Dixie Heights coaching staff in the beginning of June.

That's 3 coaches with head coaching experience all on staff at Dixie. Not bad at all.

Actually he left Grant after 2015, and spent 2016 coaching at Scott High School (and working at Woodland MS), before going to coach at Highlands in 2017.

That would explain things a bit. I know that Kevin had to leave Grant County because of some issue regarding his teacher certificate I believe. Also if I am not mistaken, he was head coach at Bracken County for a year before he went to Grant County.

Good offensive mind who certainly has shown success in each of his stops as a head coach.

Not sure what "specifically" were the issues at HHS but know that he was not accepted by many on the staff.

How do the numbers look for Dixie this year?