G-1 Magnetic Storm

nWo

To hit earth sometime today through tomorrow.

Impacts:

Power systems: Weak power grid fluctuations can occur.

Spacecraft operations: Minor impact on satellite operations possible.

Other systems: Migratory animals are affected at this and higher levels; aurora is commonly visible at high latitudes (northern Michigan and Maine).

To hit earth sometime today through tomorrow.

Impacts:

Power systems: Weak power grid fluctuations can occur.

Spacecraft operations: Minor impact on satellite operations possible.

Other systems: Migratory animals are affected at this and higher levels; aurora is commonly visible at high latitudes (northern Michigan and Maine).

Gotta go find my aluminum foil hat!

Bluegrasscard.... You're FIIIIIIIIIIIRED !!!!! j/k

Thanks NWO.

I see!!!

I have been following this storm. Not too bad and I am only getting a few 771s on DirecTV (these storms seem to impact DTV and Dish a bit).

The storm could have contributed to the Mexico quake or the highly unusual quake in Wales.

I like to use the following site to see all the big measurements. Its Ben Davidson's (well known EU guy) site.

Space Weather News

I see!!!

I have been following this storm. Not too bad and I am only getting a few 771s on DirecTV (these storms seem to impact DTV and Dish a bit).

The storm could have contributed to the Mexico quake or the highly unusual quake in Wales.

I like to use the following site to see all the big measurements. Its Ben Davidson's (well known EU guy) site.

Space Weather News

It seemed to affect some of the OTA transmiitters in this area. We had a lot of digitizing from the antenna feed.

It seemed to affect some of the OTA transmiitters in this area. We had a lot of digitizing from the antenna feed.

Solar wind has been increasing from 350 km/sec to over 600 km/sec since yesterday. Its the purple line in the chart to the left of the black chart at the link. So some energy may be getting near the ground. The coronal hole that caused this is turning away but another smaller one is lining up. You can see the coronal holes as dark holes in first sun animation at the site.