Hopkinsville 84 Owensboro 81 (OT)

silo11

Nice win by Hoptown. I believe they hit 14 3's in this game. When they've stuck with good teams they've hit a ton of 3's.

I was at the game and I had trouble seeing how Owensboro had handled so many tough teams. Their defense was pretty rough. The last play when Johnson hit the 3 to force overtime was a great example of it. They just left him wide open. NO screen, no awareness etc..

if Hoptown makes those shots they have a shot against UHA next week. I'll be interested to see what they do at McCracken on Friday.

Nice win by Hoptown. I believe they hit 14 3's in this game. When they've stuck with good teams they've hit a ton of 3's.

I was at the game and I had trouble seeing how Owensboro had handled so many tough teams. Their defense was pretty rough. The last play when Johnson hit the 3 to force overtime was a great example of it. They just left him wide open. NO screen, no awareness etc..

if Hoptown makes those shots they have a shot against UHA next week. I'll be interested to see what they do at McCracken on Friday.

Is Johnson healthy yet?

Is Johnson healthy yet?

Scoring wise he seems fine, its hurt his defensive positioning the most. But I think his injury is just one the more he plays, the better it will get.

6 of Hoptown's 8 rotation players are good 3-point shooters. I think their issue with consistency has just been the chemistry still not being there from just not playing together. They get in scoring droughts just passing too much looking for a 3-pointer instead of driving or just being aggressive. They have been way too passive compared to past HHS teams.

Hoptown has played UHA, CCHS, Owensboro, and will play McCracken tomorrow. They've really played a tough slate going into the tourney. Playing CCHS and beating Owensboro after last weeks stinker against UHA has to be good for confidence. Outside of the 105 points against CCHS, they've played pretty good defense since the Cager return.

UHA beating Hendo, CCHS beating Muhlenberg, and HHS beating Owensboro really shows how all 3 teams are playing good basketball going into next week. Anyone could win it and another team could take the region.

It's hit and miss. He's healthy right now and has been for the last month. But the knee could start giving him trouble tomorrow.

I wish him the best...good kid from a good family. I just wonder if playing on it hurts in the future. I'm assuming he will play AAU ball the first viewing periods. If that's the case; this doesn't make a lot of sense.