Sayre School Football

Juke

The Sayre School in Lexington is bringing back football. Rumor has it that former NFL Quarterback Chad Pennington has been chosen as the man to bring football back to Sayre. They will begin next year with a freshman team and possibly a JV team.

How did Pennington get involved? Anyone know?

He has led the program at The Lexington School for the past several years. Most kids coming out of the Lexington School make a choice to go to Sayre, Lexington Catholic or to a lesser degree LCA for high school. With LC and LCA having football and Sayre not, for those kids wanting to play football Sayre was quickly ruled out. This will make it a little more of an even playing field when it comes to choosing a high high school.

He has led the program at The Lexington School for the past several years. Most kids coming out of the Lexington School make a choice to go to Sayre, Lexington Catholic or to a lesser degree LCA for high school. With LC and LCA having football and Sayre not, for those kids wanting to play football Sayre was quickly ruled out. This will make it a little more of an even playing field when it comes to choosing a high high school.

My nephew plays for him right now and thinks very highly of him.

Not sure if he'll end up at Sayre though.

If my son were starting high school I would definitely encourage him to attend Sayre and play for Chad. He is a really solid person and obviously knows a tremendous amount about football.

Edited by Juke
Grammar

Another private school option for Lexington area students that will almost assuredly start out in Class A Football. This will be interesting to watch.

Sayre isn't really just a private school option like LCA or Lexington Catholic. There are a select few that can afford to go there. Tuition for 17-18 was $22,000. That's like double LCA or Lexington Catholic.

It won't be as simple as choosing A,B, or C.