KHSAA Boys Basketball Statistical Leaders (2/13/18)

Kentucky schoolboys are playing in the last week of the regular season ...

Adair County freshman Zion Harmon (33.6 ppg) maintains his scoring lead over Stephen Fitzgerald of Pulaski County, while also leading the state in Free Throw shooting (91.0%).

6'0" Seth Stockton of Clinton County is playing big, pulling down a state best 12.4 per game.

Covington Catholic, with Jake Walter's 72.0% and nine others is shooting over 45%; lead the state in Field Goal Percentage at 55.9%. The Colonels are also dropping treys at a 45.0% pace.

The Scott County machine is closing in on the state's scoring lead. The Cardinals are scoring at a 79.3 ppg clip after Monday night's 107-66 victory over Adair County. Coach Billy Hicks' BGP #1 team continues to lead the state in scoring margin (21.6 ppg).

The KHSAA Top 20 released today - 217/18 KY Boys Basketball Stat Leaders

I am really impressed with a couple of things I take away from looking at these statistics:

6'0" Seth Stockton of Clinton County averaging over 12 rebounds per game. Let's face it, in high school if you are listed at 6'0", you are more than likely only about 5'10" or 5'11". Even more impressive.

Four players averaging over 30 points per game.

Covington Catholic can really shoot the basketball. I have not seen them yet this season, but shooting nearly 56% as a team from the field and 45% from distance is phenomenal.