Top Short-Yardage RBs in NKY 2018

oldgrappler

When a team needs tough yards for a first down or a TD, whose number gets called? Some backs make their mark by being quick and fast. They make a move and outrun the defense. Other backs earn their keep by running over the opposition and are asked to make their own way. They make their yards by refusing to go down. When tough yards are needed, their number is called.

Tell us who these hard-nosed backs are and include a link to their Hudl film if you can. I love watching this type of back.

Nathan Bezold from Brossart. He is a bruiser back that carries a few people with him when he goes. Not sure what his yards after contact are but I am sure it is unreal. He averaged 4.8 yards a carry for a total of 270 yards and 1 TD. Touchdown came vs Bellevue (Play 2 on highlight video) where here carried a 4 people into the endzone.

Junior Year - Nate Bezold highlights - Hudl

Nathan Bezold from Brossart. He is a bruiser back that carries a few people with him when he goes. Not sure what his yards after contact are but I am sure it is unreal. He averaged 4.8 yards a carry for a total of 270 yards and 1 TD. Touchdown came vs Bellevue (Play 2 on highlight video) where here carried a 4 people into the endzone.

Junior Year - Nate Bezold highlights - Hudl

Kid's a truck. :thumb:

BTW, someone should tell the kid not to post his address where anybody can see it.

Sophomore FB Josh Derry - Beechwood

Unbelievable first down machine this past season for the Tigers. As I said in the LB section, he's just an old school hitter. He explodes into the line when he takes the handoff. Aside from that, he's developed soft hands out of the backfield and became a dangerous 3rd down weapon during the stretch run/in the playoffs for Coach Rash.

Strong. Powerful. Dynamic. He will emerge as one of the top players in Northern Kentucky this year.

Josh Derry - Hudl

Sophomore FB Josh Derry - Beechwood

Unbelievable first down machine this past season for the Tigers. As I said in the LB section, he's just an old school hitter. He explodes into the line when he takes the handoff. Aside from that, he's developed soft hands out of the backfield and became a dangerous 3rd down weapon during the stretch run/in the playoffs for Coach Rash.

Strong. Powerful. Dynamic. He will emerge as one of the top players in Northern Kentucky this year.

Josh Derry - Hudl

It was your post in the Top LB thread that gave me the idea for this thread. He and the MLB/FB from Boone are very similar.

Casey McGinnis - CovCath

Casey hasn't necessarily been the go to for short yardage. That was more of a job for Jacob Shriver or Grant Dyer...and with Dyer graduating, it's going to be more on Shriver's plate, like Bluesport said. Plus I think we'll see incoming junior Daniel Felix stepping in some for short yardage situations as well.