Owensboro Catholic 2018

Ram

OCath will need to replace their linebackers and a couple of DBs, but the rest of the returning positions are solid. The strong senior class will have some talented sophs and juniors stepping up to fill in. Offense should keep rolling with wr Nick Mills, rb Vonn Williams, and rising junior QB Drew Hartz. The question marks are on defense, which will be led by Noah Todd. Tough first half of the schedule with DC, Evansville Memorial, and OHS.

OCath will need to replace their linebackers and a couple of DBs, but the rest of the returning positions are solid. The strong senior class will have some talented sophs and juniors stepping up to fill in. Offense should keep rolling with wr Nick Mills, rb Vonn Williams, and rising junior QB Drew Hartz. The question marks are on defense, which will be led by Noah Todd. Tough first half of the schedule with DC, Evansville Memorial, and OHS.

I read last week that Coach Edge was tempted to move Williams to linebacker (that would address part of the problem you listed). If that happens, he'll share time on offense with Harold Hogg won't he? Hogg seems to be more than capable of taking over the running game for the aces. Can he catch the ball as well as Williams though? How about Catholic's line? They were a bit undersized last year. That seems to be a worry. I have always heard that Hartz knew the Catholic Offense like the back of his hand. I guess we will all see how well he knows the O. The question I have is does he have the arm that Warren had? If the answer is yes, Catholic should be able to score with anyone. But, as you said, with problems on defense, if you are having problems stopping other teams, you'll have to put up huge offensive numbers every night. Might not be a problem to win the district but to go deep in the playoffs, you are going to need to be able to stop people. As always looking forward to the 3rd game of the season, should be interesting to say the least.

The biggest question marks will be how much has the oline improved and who will step up to be linebackers. They entire oline is returning which should help the running game tremendously. They will have weapons with Williams, Mills, Hogg, Hagan Edge, and Hamilton. Hartz should be much improved this year with some starts under his belt and a whole offseason of it being his team. You could tell at times last year the arm strength was there but some timing and decision making plaqued him some. As far as the defensive side of the ball I expect them to struggle some early especially with their schedule but like always Coach Edge will get it working.

The biggest question marks will be how much has the oline improved and who will step up to be linebackers. They entire oline is returning which should help the running game tremendously. They will have weapons with Williams, Mills, Hogg, Hagan Edge, and Hamilton. Hartz should be much improved this year with some starts under his belt and a whole offseason of it being his team. You could tell at times last year the arm strength was there but some timing and decision making plaqued him some. As far as the defensive side of the ball I expect them to struggle some early especially with their schedule but like always Coach Edge will get it working.

Is Hamilton still on the team? He disappeared at the end of the season. But the big question now is what will Catholic do about it's coaching situation? I've heard that everyone wants the OC but the administration wants to put together a committee to search. That might take a while and we are almost into March.

Does anyone know what prompted Coach Edge to leave? I know what I've heard but it's exactly that, rumors and speculations.

Is Hamilton still on the team? He disappeared at the end of the season. But the big question now is what will Catholic do about it's coaching situation? I've heard that everyone wants the OC but the administration wants to put together a committee to search. That might take a while and we are almost into March.

Does anyone know what prompted Coach Edge to leave? I know what I've heard but it's exactly that, rumors and speculations.

You are right... whoever the new coach will be may be the biggest dictator of next year's success. Regardless of who it is they will have some talent coming back. As far as I know Hamilton is still on the team for now. I know he had some grade issues that caused him to miss some games late in last season. When he is out there he can be a difference maker (ask South Warren) but he missed alot of time last year for one reason or another.

As far as Edge, you've been on here on other post making speculations but I think the biggest reason for him to leave is purely financial. It's a pretty big jump in teacher and then coaching pay from what I hear. Also he addressed that he doesn't have to move his family either in the paper. When you have 5 kids and you don't have to move your family and you can get a pretty big jump in pay, sometimes it's just comes down to that.

You are right... whoever the new coach will be may be the biggest dictator of next year's success. Regardless of who it is they will have some talent coming back. As far as I know Hamilton is still on the team for now. I know he had some grade issues that caused him to miss some games late in last season. When he is out there he can be a difference maker (ask South Warren) but he missed alot of time last year for one reason or another.

As far as Edge, you've been on here on other post making speculations but I think the biggest reason for him to leave is purely financial. It's a pretty big jump in teacher and then coaching pay from what I hear. Also he addressed that he doesn't have to move his family either in the paper. When you have 5 kids and you don't have to move your family and you can get a pretty big jump in pay, sometimes it's just comes down to that.

I agree about having kids and pay, having 3 myself an increase in pay is huge. I didn't speculate. I know what I saw and what I heard come from him. That being said, I've said nothing about what I've heard in the past few days out of respect to him and his ability as a coach. I wish him the best and see no reason to jump on him now.

I am waiting to see if they stay the course offensively or make a radical departure from the past few years..