Who has elected to play up?

gchs_uk9

Today is the last day for schools to submit a request to the KHSAA regarding playing up in class. The information is currently private, although I'm sure it will be released in due time. Does anyone know if your favorite school has made a request?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what reason would Boyle want to play up? I think that might be just wishful thinking on the part of some 3A teams or fans. It would probably be better for them to wish for Santa, The Tooth Fairy or The Easter Bunny.

Easier road in 4A but they’ll have a better and more competitive district in 4A as they’d likely still be in a district with LexCath. At the same time, I haven’t heard anything at all regarding what Boyle County will do or why. I honestly don’t care either way. I think they’ll be fine in 3A or 4A.

Now that petitions to play up have been submitted, any guesses on when we might see some alignments from KHSAA?

Per the document on the KHSAA website, the Board of Control will discuss a draft alignment of teams at its next meeting (Wednesday, February 21). Following that meeting, the draft will be submitted to the membership with the final adoption scheduled for the May 8-9 2018 Board of Control meeting.

I've heard from a couple of sources that East Jessamine is moving up to 5A.

I'm also hearing Boyle County ultimately did decide to play up to 4A. That rumor circulated for some time.

It will be interesting to see the entire list.

You may be right about Boyle but I’m hearing just the opposite that they will stay in 3A.