Bardstown 66 Elizabethtown 58

Bardstown stuns E'town on the Tigers' home floor to pick up one of the biggest wins in program history, overcoming a 31-16 halftime deficit to hand the No. 6 Panthers their first loss to a 5th Region team this season.

I wasn't there, but it seems Bardstown used some of that same second-half magic they used last week in nearly erasing a 31-point 3rdQ deficit to lose by 3 at Nelson Co.

Senior Destanie Love went for 16pts and 12 boards for the Tigers, and 8th-grader Jaileyah Cotton had 15pts.

E'town's Whitney Hay scored a game-high 25.

This truly is a stunner.

No offense to the lady tigers but they have more of a middle of a the pack 5th region team.

To put it in perspective (and I bet there are other examples)

Bardstown is probably ranked behind green co in the tankings (green won by 13 in their only meeting).

Etown led green 36-2 at one point and ended up winning by 38.

Wow. Congrats lady tigers.

This truly is a stunner.

No offense to the lady tigers but they have more of a middle of a the pack 5th region team.

To put it in perspective (and I bet there are other examples)

Bardstown is probably ranked behind green co in the tankings (green won by 13 in their only meeting).

Etown led green 36-2 at one point and ended up winning by 38.

Wow. Congrats lady tigers.

It's probably fair to say Bardstown has underperformed relative to their talent and expectations. They have a tendency to come out cold in the first half and be a completely different team in the second half. That was how it went in the loss to Green Co., and in the wins over Bethlehem, and the recent loss to Nelson Co. Seems like that same script applied against E'town. I wouldn't sleep on them.