Dan Frank - Reconginized at Dayton High School last night - 45 years!

Great scene last night as Dan Frank was recognized for his years of commitment to Dayton & NKY athletics. This will be his last season with DHS, where he has served as a manager/coach in multiple sports for 45 years. 3X Hall of Fame’r (NKY Sports, Softball City, & DHS). He will be missed on the sidelines of Dayton sports!

718A0762-61C5-41BA-AB97-A0E633D7A3EE.jpeg

Congrats Dan! My favorite Dan story is when my son came home after playing Dayton (my boy was in a car wreck 2 hours before the game and unbeknownst to me suffered a concussion) and told me about the guy on Daytons sideline who razzed and ripped and rode him all game long. Said he gave him a headache on top of the concussion. I explained who Dan is, and after going to the basketball game and seeing Dan get honored, he appreciates him. Side note, my boy did sit out the next game with concussion protocol. Well deserved Dan Franks!

I am a "Dayton" kid from the 90's. Dan was always willing to help out and never asked or demanded for anything in return. Dan would have and would give anyone person his last penny or the shirt off his back no matter if they were from Dayton or even Bellevue or worse...Beechwood. In all seriousness, Dan is a great person!