Enjoy the weather on Friday

nWo

Enjoy the sunny weather and seasonal temperatures on Friday. Rain looks to move in on Saturday and continue most of the weekend. Winter looks to try and take another run at parts of Kentucky on Sunday night into Monday morning. Those along the Ohio River could receive some freezing rain accumulations before temps rebound above freezing later in the day on Monday. Keep checking back for updates as we get closer. Things could, and probably will, change as we get closer to Monday.

radar.gif

ezgif-3-5faa66b7be.gif

ice.png

@nWo, what about Sunday in WKY? I've seen the possibility of some ice

According to the NAM model, there is a chance from .10 to .25" of freezing rain by Sunday night. The GFS is not showing it yet but we are still a couple days away. I'm watching it.

This is at 7 pm EST Sunday night.

zr_acc.us_ov.png

Quick Friday morning update.

The latest NAM is coming in colder than yesterday. It is now showing the possibility of snow for some late Sunday night into Monday morning. For now, the possible freezing rain looks to be for parts of western Kentucky. The possible snow accumulations look to be from around I-64 northward. So doesn't look like we are through with wintry precipitation yet.

I'll update later today. Here are some maps to show what I'm talking about. I won't start predicting and accumulations to maybe on Saturday. These maps show up to 7 am EST Monday morning.

p.gif

ice.png

snow.png