9th Region Rankings (2018)

I could not hold it any longer. With tryouts just 1 week away, let's do this.

As far as you know, I have nailed the top 10 the last 3 years with Highlands making the run each of those years. This could be arguably one of the best pitching staffs ever for Highlands or any team for that matter, but I see a change a brewing.

1. Beechwood: '17 Record (28-10), Key losses (Huseman). The Tigers will have good pitching... not great, but good. They will have a great offense and very fast. The Tigers add a new head coach (Kevin Gray) and new coaching staff. Against great pitching in the past the Tigers did not manufacture runs, I think they will this year. This is why I think they win versus Highlands in the finals.

2. Highlands: '17 Record (26-13), Key Losses (Rust, Doty). Don't let Highlands' Record fool you. Each year, 15 games in, everyone wonders whats wrong with the Birds. Nothing. Nobody gets a squad to peak at the exact moment he needs them to better than Coach Baioni. Highlands is LOADED in the bullpen, but they will again struggle to cross the plate. Rust was the heart and soul of the Birds and Doty was the Tiger Killer.... Not their year in '18.

3. Covington Catholic: '17 Record (27-8), Key Losses (France, Eckerle). Colonels will be loaded from top to bottom. Like BW they will be a very good offensive team, but are just good at pitching. The outfield will be stellar and hard to crack the lineup. Loss of France is tremendous.

4. Cooper: '17 Record (18-12). On paper the Jags will have the 2nd best pitching staff. If they can find a way to consistently score runs this could be a good year. The Senior class is stellar.

5. St. Henry: 17' Record (20-14). One of the best pure hitting teams in Northern Kentucky. Fielding and pitching needs to get better.

6. Conner: 17' Record (27-10). Key Losses (Craddock). You never know what you are gonna get out of the Cougar team. They have all of the components of a Region winner. Could they make a run?

7. Newport Central Catholic

8. Ryle

9. Dixie

10. Holy Cross

All in fun.

100% agree that Kevin will take BW to another level if everyone lets him do his thing..best coach in the area as far as I'm concerned, however, that being said....no way does BW beat Highlands this season. If they don't dominate the 9th region in 2018 it will be the largest upset in years. Everyone thought their staff was good last year...it only gets better this year. Losing Doty hurts, sure, but the other boys got a year older and they picked up a pretty decent 1b as well who can drive the baseball. I love the enthusiasm about your team cord but respectively, I can't see it. I got

Highlands

Cov Cath

Cooper

BW

SH

Ryle and the rest

I could not hold it any longer. With tryouts just 1 week away, let's do this.

As far as you know, I have nailed the top 10 the last 3 years with Highlands making the run each of those years. This could be arguably one of the best pitching staffs ever for Highlands or any team for that matter, but I see a change a brewing.

1. Beechwood: '17 Record (28-10), Key losses (Huseman). The Tigers will have good pitching... not great, but good. They will have a great offense and very fast. The Tigers add a new head coach (Kevin Gray) and new coaching staff. Against great pitching in the past the Tigers did not manufacture runs, I think they will this year. This is why I think they win versus Highlands in the finals.

2. Highlands: '17 Record (26-13), Key Losses (Rust, Doty). Don't let Highlands' Record fool you. Each year, 15 games in, everyone wonders whats wrong with the Birds. Nothing. Nobody gets a squad to peak at the exact moment he needs them to better than Coach Baioni. Highlands is LOADED in the bullpen, but they will again struggle to cross the plate. Rust was the heart and soul of the Birds and Doty was the Tiger Killer.... Not their year in '18.

Highlands will be much better at the plate this year. and I think we all know how the pitching will be. Improvements of players will much outweigh the loses. Good luck to the rest of the field. You’re all playing for second this year.

Always nice to see the independent school districts doing well!

Highlands will be much better at the plate this year. and I think we all know how the pitching will be. Improvements of players will much outweigh the loses. Good luck to the rest of the field. You’re all playing for second this year.

Skip the season and the region tourney and get to the state tourney. Every other team just cancel your season.

It only takes one bad day or one great pitching performance. Just ask 2005 Beechwood team or 2009 CCH team.

Ha Ha...wonder what 2020 dad will be saying in 2020 when the 2018 class is gone...not likely to see another class like that for some time. Ride the tails while you can...lol.

Depends how the young talent develops.. will the birds have another Rom in 2020? Probably not, but JB is doing a great job developing every class coming up. Guys like Hollingsworth, Hergott, and Noe will be the pitchers you’ll be facing then. Just FYI, Hollingsworth already has an offer as a sophomore and Hergott will be a major D1 talent in both football and baseball.

Depends how the young talent develops.. will the birds have another Rom in 2020? Probably not, but JB is doing a great job developing every class coming up. Guys like Hollingsworth, Hergott, and Noe will be the pitchers you’ll be facing then. Just FYI, Hollingsworth already has an offer as a sophomore and Hergott will be a major D1 talent in both football and baseball.

By the way, I forgot to mention Ethan Kavanagh, who just committed to UK as a sophomore and will be a top 5 player in the state in 2020.

Oh my! I hope so but no reason to kick everyone to the curb just yet. Wasn't it just a couple years ago that Beechwood was perennial favorite to win the 9th and Highlands arguably upset them in the Championship. Based on D1 talent alone, Beechwood should have won but I think it was Doty who did very well against the Beechies in his career got the win in that game. So you never know my friend! I for one, am very excited to see the Birds this year. Would love to see some Glaser pitched atmosphere games back at HHP.

From the 8th region ,let Dixie or “the rest of field “do damage in the regional tournament like last year. And let’s see who’s going farther we will see in the state tournament . That’s all that means anything.

Oh my! I hope so but no reason to kick everyone to the curb just yet. Wasn't it just a couple years ago that Beechwood was perennial favorite to win the 9th and Highlands arguably upset them in the Championship. Based on D1 talent alone, Beechwood should have won but I think it was Doty who did very well against the Beechies in his career got the win in that game. So you never know my friend! I for one, am very excited to see the Birds this year. Would love to see some Glaser pitched atmosphere games back at HHP.

Beechwood had D1 talent but they didn't have D1 pitching. Big difference.

From the 8th region ,let Dixie or “the rest of field “do damage in the regional tournament like last year. And let’s see who’s going farther we will see in the state tournament . That’s all that means anything.

What exactly are you trying to say? For one, Dixie is in 9th, not 8th