Tennessee 61 Kentucky 59

newarkcatholicfan

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UK hold on defense and has the ball up two. SGA turns it over and the go down and watch a UT player shoot a three in his face. SGA dribbles into trouble and turns it over again and a UT players run right by Knox, who just watches, for a dunk. Game boiled down to two possessions, and SGA turns it over on both.

The problem with this team most of the year has been defense. The defense the last 2 games has been much better. Sadly the offense has been very bad though.

I think Cal seen tonight that we need Green and Alexander on the floor together more. Richards played better. Still 3 more weeks to get it all put together. However I do think we are looking at being a 7 through a 10 seed eventually.

This team does not deserves the NCAA tourney.

Why not? It's always funny to me when people say that. A top 25 team losses and now as you said in the update thread they are NIT bound. This team will be in the tournament and will deserve to be there. Now their seed won't be that great.

This one shows even more,that the Cats can run fast and make some pretty dunks, but when it comes to the game of basketball they fall way short.21.4% from three point land. Most mid majors shoot way better.

Actually, they can't run fast. They get no transition baskets, which they really need since they are so bad in the half court offense. But to get transition points you have to be good on defense and get stops.

UK hold on defense and has the ball up two. SGA turns it over and the go down and watch a UT player shoot a three in his face. SGA dribbles into trouble and turns it over again and a UT players run right by Knox, who just watches, for a dunk. Game boiled down to two possessions, and SGA turns it over on both.

Yeah pretty much. If you asked anyone before the game who we would want to have the ball in their hands at the end it would have been SGA. He made two huge mistakes though. Up until then he has been very reliable at end of games.

Actually, they can't run fast. They get no transition baskets, which they really need since they are so bad in the half court offense. But to get transition points you have to be good on defense and get stops.

I think the defense has gotten a lot better. Beginning of the year this team couldn't play man to save their lives. The last few games they been much better. The defense was the only reason this game was close. We just don't have anyone besides SGA who is even good on a fast break.

I thought the Cats fought hard in this one. 2 or 3 poor transition defensive plays killed us. We are a very good freshman team, but just not ready for prime time. We simply struggle vs stronger more physical type teams that are disciplined.

I think the defense has gotten a lot better. Beginning of the year this team couldn't play man to save their lives. The last few games they been much better. The defense was the only reason this game was close. We just don't have anyone besides SGA who is even good on a fast break.

I agree the defense is much better at getting stops. But they don't get steals - rank #223 in D1 in steals.

Other stats of note:

#230 in field goals attempted

#347 in 3 point field goals attempted

#214 in assists

#207 in turnovers

#244 in free throw percent

I know it's a 50/50 call but I thought Cal should have called TO to set up a play at the end. The team is so young. I felt they need some guidance rather than SGA driving into 3 UT defenders and losing the ball.

Not Cal's strong suit. He is better off letting it be unorganized and hope one of his talented guys make the play. Just look at the inbounds plays UK runs versus the inbounds plays run by any UK opponent.

I agree the defense is much better at getting stops. But they don't get steals - rank #223 in D1 in steals.

Other stats of note:

#230 in field goals attempted

#347 in 3 point field goals attempted

#214 in assists

#207 in turnovers

#244 in free throw percent

And this team belongs in the top 68? I don't see how.