Syracuse 78 Louisville 73

ACfan4

Tough for a rookie coach to beat a legend.

Wow Wireman, I was honestly thinking the same thing! I couldn’t help but wonder last night if it was somehow psyching him out. I expect the same thing will happen vs Duke, but hopefully Greg Paulus can be a neutralizer.

I’m still a believer in David Padgett and the team, despite these ups/downs....

C'mon Cards!

I'm concerned about their tournament resume at this point. I'm afraid they are getting to the point where they are going to have to "steal" one so to speak.

Just looking over the schedule, they MUST beat Georgia Tech and find a way to win at Pittsburgh - both should be very doable. It would help the cause significantly if they can beat UNC at home.

The last 4 games of the season are just brutal - @Duke, @VaTech, vs. Virginia, @NC State. They really need to go 2-2 there but that's a tall order.

I might break it down like this:

Out

---------

Bubble

---------

In

16-15

17-14

18-13

----------

19-12

20-11

----------

21-10

22-9

23-8

If they finish the regular season 18-13, I believe you're correct (barring a big run in the ACC Tourney).

After Pitino was fired and all that went down less than a month before the season started, I think most tempered their expectations for the season. They have shown signs of promise a couple times, which momentarily got a lot of folks back into the unrealistic expectation realm. My fear is that David will get criticism he doesn't deserve, that's already happening.

I’m not quite there that they miss the tourney, but it will continue to be Cardinal madness in February!

Yes they should have had a convincing win vs. Syracuse, but otherwise it’s not like they’re getting blown out (except the UK game lol)/losing to bad teams. They just need some tweaks here and there. Overall Padgett is doing a fine job and the team has generally responded.

Edited by Pura Vida
typo

After Pitino was fired and all that went down less than a month before the season started, I think most tempered their expectations for the season. They have shown signs of promise a couple times, which momentarily got a lot of folks back into the unrealistic expectation realm. My fear is that David will get criticism he doesn't deserve, that's already happening.

Believe me, I'm rooting like crazy for the Cards to finish strong and Padgett to get a 50 year extension. #GoCards ! :jump:

What was wrong with Snider? He needs to lead if this team is to reach its potential. He had 3 points on 1-8 shooting, 0 assists and 0 rebounds. UL had one block. I believe they only had 1 against FSU, too. What has happened there?

I like UL and UK but for the life of me, they are both hard to watch. It's turning into a frustrating basketball season. I hope they can both turn it around.