FC Cincinnati 2018 Kits

It's up to the team, I believe....and if FCC is trying to figure out how to privately fund a new stadium, redesigning their kit and driving some new merchandise sales might kick in an extra quarter-mil or so.

In the first couple of years it would definitely bring in some extra revenue. After that I think the fans would get ticked that their jersey gets devalued every year and stop buying them. I’m not a fan from that aspect.

I like the home kit and they continue to grow on me, but the away kit... I think I'm gonna have to buy one!

I like them both, but I'm with you, I like the away kit better.

I've honestly liked FCC's team colors and their kits better than Lousville City's from the get-go...although I was following Louisville City prior to FCC.

I honestly don't know which team is going to be 'my team' when the day comes that my wife finishes residency and we move back to Greater Cincinnati. I'm honestly hopeful that one team is MLS and the other is still USL so I can justify actually rooting 100% for both.

Kits? I’ll add that to the list.

Thank you! Ridiculous.

giphy.gif

I hadn't heard of the term before I'd started (casually) following soccer maybe 7 or 8 years ago. I looked it up at the time because I was pretty unfamiliar with it as well. If memory serves, the basic gist of what I got was that "kit" is a British word that goes back multiple centuries, and has a meaning more along the line of "equipment". The word "uniform" is based in Latin, meaning "all appearing the same", literally translating to 'one form'.

By and large, countries using the romantic languages (French, Spanish, Romanian, Italian and Portuguese) generally use translations of the word "uniform", and the majority of the other countries in the world use translations equating more closely to the word "kit". ...and then the Americans us whatever they decide to use.