Open Job: Bowling Green

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first two stops would be Mayfield and Franklin Simpson. Anyway BG could lure the Morris family from Mayfield or Doug Preston from FS? Other thoughts would be Chris Seabolt, Chris Wolfe. All are proven winners.

I'm not sure what Seabolt's current situation is after resigning from Greenwood, but I would assume he would be involved in the discussion assuming his intent when resigning wasn't to step back from coaching all together.

I would be surprised if Morris or Preston left either or their posts - although if I'm not mistaken there were rumors of Morris looking into one of the open jobs last year or the year before, so who's to say...

Wolfe seems pretty happy at Male. The only job I see him taking outside of Louisville would be at his alma mater up in Ft. Thomas should that job open up in the next half a decade or so.

Just my thoughts.

It’ll probably depend if he can do both jobs as he is also the schools AD.

The administration had no problem letting DG Sherrill be the AD & Boys Basketball coach at the same time. Certainly football may be a different bear, but the right hire is that man in that building.

Plenty of guys across the state that double up as both.

Lovelace at Christian, David Barnes at Caldwell are just a couple off the top of my head.

IMO, the only way it’s not Spader is if he doesn’t want it, and he very well may not.

There is a wise saying that’s often proven to be true when it comes to high profile coaching jobs:

“Don’t be the man to follow the man, be the man that followed the man who followed THE man.”

There is a level of pressure that comes with job moreso now than ever before in its history. That’s something to factor in when thinking about who is interested from a standpoint of just fishing around or who is actually interested.