Pendleton County 73 Bishop Brossart 72

Pendleton by 1 over Brossart. Horrible calls that gave Pendleton the win.

Not even close. Brossart was on fire from outside, and that kept them in the game. They were all over Allen the entire game. Stangs are a feisty bunch. PCs press got them back from being down 9.

Pendleton by 1 over Brossart. Horrible calls that gave Pendleton the win.

While BBHS had a lot more fouls on them I did not have an issue with the refs for the most part. The big call of the night was a phantom charge call on Brossart on a made bucket. Should have 2 plus the foul shot. Instead it went the other way, Code was asking for an explanation and the ref turned around and came back to him and T'd him up. P county shoots foul shots and hit a bucket on that possession. 6-7 point swing.

While BBHS had a lot more fouls on them I did not have an issue with the refs for the most part. The big call of the night was a phantom charge call on Brossart on a made bucket. Should have 2 plus the foul shot. Instead it went the other way, Code was asking for an explanation and the ref turned around and came back to him and T'd him up. P county shoots foul shots and hit a bucket on that possession. 6-7 point swing.

Unfortunately, it was the most junior official of the 3. The other two would have not been rattled so much and would have kindly given Code their reasons.

Saw you was watching another game on the tablet. How was he doing?

It seems he always plays when Brossart has a big time battle so I didn't get to see much of the game. Bucs ended up with a win 99-88. Another day at the office for TAC junior. 8 points (on 3-5 shooting) 10 rebounds 2 assists, 2 steals and a blocked shot. He needs to learn how to shoot a free throw (1-4). missed 2 down the stretch.

I'm scheduled to do the color down there Saturday Christian Brothers University Athletics - Christian Brothers University

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread about Brossart and Pendleton County.

thanks for asking!

Allen was all he was billed to be. I figured he would take over the game when Brossart got it close and he did. Very smooth player. His supporting cast is very good too. Lots of tools. I know coach Belcher appreciates the senior on the squad and he mentioned it on his way out. Draw tomorrow could be interesting for them.

Unfortunately, it was the most junior official of the 3. The other two would have not been rattled so much and would have kindly given Code their reasons.

I concur. Really tough call there.

Rich Chasteen, the senior official stood off to the side, watched passively during the entire exchange from the opposite side of the floor.

He knew his partner missed the call, and probably couldn't believe that the junior official didn't keep walking up the sideline, away from the confrontation. Instead, he violated the first rule of avoiding a conflict - He came back to argue the point, and then used his authority to cal the T.

Mike Code has been our head coach for 14 years, and you can count on one hand how often he has been T'd up.

My hope is that after the game Rick Chasteen, the former evaluator, went off on his partners for creating that debacle. I'd bet he did.

The "charge" call was blatantly wrong!!! Junp had gotten inside of his man, beat him to the hole and scored the ball. The defender was making no effort to play legitimate defense and the contact, if any, was minimal at best.

Simply get it right. Count the basket and play on, or count the basket and shoot one.

Other than that episode, I had no problem with the officiating. It was an intense, physical ballgame. Allen scored 42, 14 of those from the free-throw line. He gets it to the basket, has an effective stop/hop move, and is tough to stand in on and take a legitimate charge.

Our guys grew up a lot tonight. Sophomore Ethan Eilerman scored 25, along with grabbing 6 rebounds and didn't back down. Donnelly is a warrior, and Schumacher came up huge in the second half, and Hamberg did his thing from beyond the arc.

This one is going to hurt for awhile.

Edited by Mustang