BGP QOTD: If authors 'covered' novels, the way musicians cover songs...

Colonels_Wear_Blue

I wouldn't mind seeing some of my favorite authors (Baldacci or Coben, for instance) take on Sherlock Holmes. Maybe even some of Agatha Christie's stories for that matter.

I guess the main question is...how much has to be retained in order for it to still be considered a "cover"? Characters? Plot? Outcome?

I guess the main question is...how much has to be retained in order for it to still be considered a "cover"? Characters? Plot? Outcome?

I'd love to see some "alternate ending" versions of books. None come to mind in particular, but the concept is interesting.

Okay...so which author would you like to see take a swing at re-writing it?

Let me think some more on it. I will say that the first book should have been called "Fifty Shades of Bad Writing." I'd like to see what my friend B-Ball-fan would do with that subject matter. Probably hit it out of the park. He has a way with words and is very detail-oriented.

Baldacci taking on a couple of Grisham's biggest titles. I'd love to see his take on "The Firm" and especially "A Time to Kill"

Maybe have Tom Clancy re-write "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption"...I'd love to hear the technical specs on that sewer pipe that Andy had to crawl out of or the execatitudes of how Andy was able to forge so many documents. :lol2:

Let me think some more on it. I will say that the first book should have been called "Fifty Shades of Bad Writing." I'd like to see what my friend B-Ball-fan would do with that subject matter. Probably hit it out of the park. He has a way with words and is very detail-oriented.

Totally thought you were going to go with someone like Judy Blume or Roald Dahl.