2018 Girl's Sweet16® Draw

Can someone give educated guesses ... I will start with region 9 Ryle, region 10 Campbell county and region 8 Simon kenton (with the added qualification that I always refrain from building expectations for my own school)... SK v Ryle would be an interesting first round matchup....

Can someone give educated guesses ... I will start with region 9 Ryle, region 10 Campbell county and region 8 Simon kenton (with the added qualification that I always refrain from building expectations for my own school)... SK v Ryle would be an interesting first round matchup....

I would predict Butler out of Region 6 and Sacred Heart out of 7th.

15 -- Shelby Valley vs 3 -- Edmonson County

1 -- Murray vs 12 -- Mercer County

10 -- Campbell County vs 13 -- Harlen County

5 -- Elizabethtown vs 4 -- South Warren

9 -- Ryle vs. Anderson County

6 -- Butler vs 14 -- Pick'em (Leslie County has 2 regional losses)

16 -- West Carter vs Cristian County

11 -- Scott County vs Sacred Heart Academy

Pretty good job on these.

Would say the SK faithful will likely have issue with the Anderson pick. Unless Niece decided to jump in the mix possibly? Haven't heard that she is or isn't but would think if she were she would have been spot playing by this stage of season.

These are all pretty solid picks ... but we all know in March some crazy things happen!

That would be a dream of a Final 4 ... whether it is KHSAA or NCAA it just rarely ever pans out that way. Have commented couple other times that VERY few would have guessed Butler to lose last year. Good gosh, they were strong & deep! However, Murray came with a great game plan and maybe played the game of their lives -- know all of those kids won't ever forget that game!

SHA is the undisputed #1 team ... but Male will absolutely give them all they want in their region. Can't think of too many teams that want to get to the Sweet Sixteen through Male! Good grief! Mercer, Campbell & Butler will have their work cut out for themselves getting out of their respective regions as well.

Think GRC will have a very good chance coming out of 10th