BluegrassPreps.com Boys Basketball Top 20 (1/29/18) Discussion

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Six 11th Region teams out of the Top 16 -- man, what a gauntlet.

Two 7th Region teams in the Top 4.

Three 6th Region teams in the Top 9.

Two 9th Region teams in the Top 11.

All of the Top 12 are from 6, 7, 9, or 11.

Big week of hoops ahead around the state -- we'll learn a lot more about where Mercer County is right now by Sunday.

Corbin drops seven spots with most of their scoring sitting out three games, two of which they won. Hmmm. Interesting. We'll see how #9 Doss fares when they come to town in a couple of weeks to face a full strength squad , including the addition of a 305 lb. Yeti down low.

Good to see GRC finally getting some love.

Corbin drops seven spots with most of their scoring sitting out three games, two of which they won. Hmmm. Interesting. We'll see how #9 Doss fares when they come to town in a couple of weeks to face a full strength squad , including the addition of a 305 lb. Yeti down low.

I think you have to grade them on their roster right now. Looking at their schedule, the Lexington Christian and Mercer County wins are good. Winning over South Laurel was undone a bit by losing to the Cardinals. The Knox Central win doesn't look nearly as good after the Panthers went in the tank in the last week.

That said, with upcoming games against Mercer County, North Laurel, Doss, and Pulaski County, Corbin will have ample opportunities over the next couple of weeks to re-prove themselves. I have no problem dropping them this week and I'd have no problem raising them back up in the next couple of weeks.

I think you have to grade them on their roster right now. Looking at their schedule, the Lexington Christian and Mercer County wins are good. Winning over South Laurel was undone a bit by losing to the Cardinals. The Knox Central win doesn't look nearly as good after the Panthers went in the tank in the last week.

That said, with upcoming games against Mercer County, North Laurel, Doss, and Pulaski County, Corbin will have ample opportunities over the next couple of weeks to re-prove themselves. I have no problem dropping them this week and I'd have no problem raising them back up in the next couple of weeks.

Very fair assessment. I still think Knox is Top 20 or better. They haven't quite recovered after getting ear holed by Corbin, but they are very capable. Btw, I don't know what "ear holed" means but I like it. I borrowed it from Dragon Fire. :)

Very fair assessment. I still think Knox is Top 20 or better. They haven't quite recovered after getting ear holed by Corbin, but they are very capable. Btw, I don't know what "ear holed" means but I like it. I borrowed it from Dragon Fire. :)

Slang for a blind side hit in football. Essentially getting hit in the "ear hole" of a helmet. In this context I'm saying Elizabethtown put a beating on them.