Farmer’s Insurance Open

P_G

I was happy to see Day get the win.

I didn’t have a problem with JB waiting, since if he eagled he would’ve tied at-10, but waiting and then deciding to lay up didn’t help. Noren couldn’t have been happy about that.

I can't wrap my mind about having a clear green ahead and taking four minutes to hit the ball.

Pretty petty move by JB IMO.

If he did it just to mess with Noren's head then I agree. If he was truly struggling deciding what to hit because of the wind and such then I disagree. It shouldn't have taken that long regardless but he's trying to win so I don't necessarily blame him. IMO it's on the officials. They have to step in long before 4 mins is up.

If he did it just to mess with Noren's head then I agree. If he was truly struggling deciding what to hit because of the wind and such then I disagree. It shouldn't have taken that long regardless but he's trying to win so I don't necessarily blame him. IMO it's on the officials. They have to step in long before 4 mins is up.

By laying up, he effectively said he wasn't trying to win.

By laying up, he effectively said he wasn't trying to win.

Right, but it took him four minutes of deciding the best way to try to win, before he decided he wasn't trying to win.

Also, funny to me that I'm up in arms over four minutes when NBA refs take that and more regularly to review plays.

There is NO EXCUSE for a player to take 4 minutes to hit a shot with a clear green ahead. I could not believe he layed up - just shocking. If he goes for it and hits in the water, he makes a bogey...so what. It's not like JB needs the money...

I lost a lot of respect for JB after that display...

I am a big time Tiger fan but I was not as optimistic about his play as many others this week. It is just amazing to me that the best player of all time (or maybe second best behind Jack - debatable) literally cannot hit a driver and keep it on the planet. He was missing fairways by 30-40 yards in some cases AND he had a two way miss...not good. I think he stood over the ball on the tee and had absolutely no idea where the ball was going. His short game was remarkable or he could have shot 77 every day. I hope he can figure out the driver but am skeptical.

There is NO EXCUSE for a player to take 4 minutes to hit a shot with a clear green ahead. I could not believe he layed up - just shocking. If he goes for it and hits in the water, he makes a bogey...so what. It's not like JB needs the money...

I lost a lot of respect for JB after that display...

I was disappointed in JB also. He laid up in a similar situation it seems a while back and lost that tourney too. I guess he has confidence he can get up and down, but it is really conservative for a guy with his talent.