2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics

Jumper_Dad

winter-olympics-schedule.png

I enjoy all of the "Speed" sports from Ski Jumping to Alpine to Bobsled/Luge/Skeleton to Short Track Speed Skating. Additionally, I get mesmerized watching Curling for some reason. I'm not as big a fan of the "X-Games" type events.

What are you looking forward to?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ice Hockey is normally my favorite but I’m going to find it really hard to be interested with no NHL participation.

Like JD, I like the track sports and will watch all the bobsled and luge I can find. I’ve been watching some of the lead-up events on the NBC Sports App.

Also like short track speed skating and cross country skiing, especially biathlon.

I’ll watch plenty more than that though.

Do people really like watching curling? The matches take forever and it’s so slow.

I’ve been curling many times and it’s a fun thing to do with a beer in your hand, but on TV it’s like watching other people throw cornhole bags. I can’t do it.

Do people really like watching curling? The matches take forever and it’s so slow.

I’ve been curling many times and it’s a fun thing to do with a beer in your hand, but on TV it’s like watching other people throw cornhole bags. I can’t do it.

I'm about 10,000 times more likely to watch curling than I am a soccer match. Fact. :D

I'm a big "yes" on alpine skiing, bobsleigh/luge/skeleton, and hockey. I find myself getting into speed skating every four years, as well.

I don't like any Olympic sport that has judges so I'm a "no" on figure skating and all of the X-games sports.

The olympics are an accumulation of sports. Sports to me are games where points/runs, etc. are earned, or a timing is used to determine the winner. A sport does not use judges to watch a performance and rate a performance. Those are competitions, not sports and do not belong in the olympics. Figure skating, gymnastics, diving, etc are not considered sports to me. Even ski jumping would fall into this because judges score the style of the jump. Some of the x games fall into this also. They are competitions. Just my opinion fwiw.

I like all of them. I will watch as much as I can. Hockey is my favorite, figure skating my least. I don't understand the scoring. It seems too subjective to me. I do like to watch the athleticism, though.

I watch curling, but am not obsessed with it. I like the Alpine Skiing events a lot.