Michigan State, as bad as Penn State?

Jumper_Dad

NCAA to investigate Michigan State's handling of Nassar abuse scandal - CBS News

This mess with the Gymnastics Team USA Doctor sexually abusing and assaulting gymnast and the MSU coach forcing some to keep quiet, IMO seems to be on the same level as the Penn St/Sandusky mess.

Will the NCAA come down as hard on MSU Gymnastics and their coach as they did Penn St? If not why not?

Listening to the victim's statements makes me want to drive up there and rip that guys head off myself...I can't imagine being the father of one of those girls and how bad I'd want to get a hold of him.

Is something horrible as bad as something terrible? Doesn't matter. They're both bad.

The NCAA shouldn't be leading an investigation. Who/whom/whatever agency brought the case to trial should find anybody the least bit culpable and hold them accountable for their actions. The kids who are the victims of these crimes don't need NCAA sanctions to remind them of what happened.

Criminal investigations aren't, and shouldn't be, in the NCAA's jurisdiction.

The NCAA learned that lesson with Penn State and have thus far chosen not to act on Baylor and Michigan State. Many will see that as winking at the crimes committed but I think the desire to stay away from criminal investigations and let the judicial system handle it works much better. If there are necessary punishments after the rulings, then the NCAA will step in.

The judge tossing aside Nassar’s letter addressing the court with complete disgust is the best thing I’ve seen on the internet in ages. Hall of Fame gif work. I’m trying to find it again.

Is that the one where he claimed he couldn't mentally handle 4 days of victim impact statements?

I don’t know how you could say it’s worse or less worse than PSU. We’re dealing with probably decades of abuse of children. So they are equally bad in my eyes. Penn State will always get more notoriety though because it dealt with one of the most storied programs in college football and one of the pillars of the sport in Joe Paterno. So on notoriety Penn State will always be a bigger storyline.

What's the O/U on how long this guy lasts in jail? I say less than two years. Either one of the other inmates will kill him or all the other inmates will make his life such a living hell, he will kill himself...prisoners do NOT like child molesters...